Question about Goup ride @ Majestic trails

canniballz

#1 Post by canniballz »

Hey guys, Quick question about the group ride. Im new to the dale comunity, I bought a dirt bike(02 E440) about 6 months ago and a quad 1 month ago(03 cannibal, and i installed a 01 motor of a fx). Just wonderd when it usually takes place(At majestic trails) and if its in the spring and fall? And when(What month)? I live about 30 miles north of pitts pa. so it wouldnt be that far of a drive. I would love to have a chance to meet all of you wonderful Dalers,LOL. So, My last question is, Since there arent to many dales around here (none that i know of), Are you allowed to bring a( Meaning 1) guest with a differant flavor atv? Or is it strictly just cannondales? Thanks

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (canniballz @ Oct 29 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, Quick question about the group ride. Im new to the dale comunity, I bought a dirt bike(02 E440) about 6 months ago and a quad 1 month ago(03 cannibal, and i installed a 01 motor of a fx). Just wonderd when it usually takes place(At majestic trails) and if its in the spring and fall? And when(What month)? I live about 30 miles north of pitts pa. so it wouldnt be that far of a drive. I would love to have a chance to meet all of you wonderful Dalers,LOL. So, My last question is, Since there arent to many dales around here (none that i know of), Are you allowed to bring a( Meaning 1) guest with a differant flavor atv? Or is it strictly just cannondales? Thanks

The big Group Ride at Majestic is usually in the fall of every year. You and your friends are welcome to attend. We may do a Majestic Ride in the spring. We meet in the Spring at Speed2424's as well and he has rides every month in Canton, Ohio.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

If you're that close, I highly recommend going. If you have already been, go again! That place is great. And with a community like this, it only gets better when we show up. See you next fall!

canniballz

#4 Post by canniballz »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It will be great to be apart of something special that not many other people can experience. Now I have something to look forward to. I will be checking the site often for any new events or anything else. Just rode the quad last night for the first time. I'll tell you what, that thing is very snappy for a stock machine. I know one thing, I'm definitly changing my gearing. It has a 13t front and 42t rear. I will go up 1 or maybe 2 in the front. What do you guys use for just all around riding? I ride mostly woods, But it for surely seems there is plenty of bottom end to add a couple teeth up front. Thanks.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

Are you running the stock airbox? If so, you can switch to a clamp-on filter to pick up a couple ponies. If you ride in wet conditions, maybe a shorter bike airhorn is in order, in the stock airbox. I run 13/39, seems to work good for me.

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

Post some pics of your new ride, if you can.

canniballz

#7 Post by canniballz »

Ya, I still have the stock airbox. Should i get the upgraded K&N from dave? And how many ponies are you talkin? I will get some pics on soon, Just need a couple more parts to be complete. I did take it for alittle ride lastnite, It ran good but the fan never kicked on, How long do you ride before it kicks on? I tested it when i got home and it works. My friend was with me on his 660 raptor, We raced a short distance just for fun, He didnt have a chance, Ill bet you i was already in 5th gear when he was just shifting in 3rd. Ive never rode anything that goes through the gears so fast, But, I bet you the top speed is only 60-65.(if that). I think im going to go to a 15t front instead of changing both sprockets. I think it has plenty enough power that it wont affect my bottom end to much but will give me alot more mid and top. Thanks for the advise.

Dachshund

#8 Post by Dachshund »

I'm assuming you have 20" tires. For reference, with 18" tires and 14:42 gearing my quad will go 69 MPH violently bouncing off the rev limiter at 10800 rpm's. Ported Cycloned 432. With 20" tires it feels just right unless I'm running fire roads tapped out. tongue.gif The problem with running much taller gearing is it won't pull our tall 5th gear very well.

canniballz

#9 Post by canniballz »

Ya i have 20's and 13/42. I can tell that 5th gear is a big jump from 4th. Its almost like there should be another gear in between. I just want like a happy medium. Mine is all stock as far as i know so i dont push the r's to much so it will last until i have the money for all the updates and some timbo porting.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

You need the Supermoto gears in your tranny or a lot more power to make the gap unnoticable.