First Ice race

mydreamride

#1 Post by mydreamride »

Looks like tomorrow (sunday) is going to be my first Ice Race. I haven't decided if I going to do TT or Oval, heck maybe both. The place is (http://www.swiraclub.com/) and looks like next weekend is a two day race I may do if I have enough fun. Oh yeah I'll be racing it on the dale and I'll put up the results tomorrow or monday.

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Sounds great! Guess you got all healed up!

Hope you can lay the smack down on some folks! It'll be fun regardless...

Dachshund

#3 Post by Dachshund »

So, did ya take care of business?

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

Well I didn't do so well, but I still finished in one piece and still running. I found out that the setup I thought worked we really didn't. So it was a big learning day for me, Found out how important stud orintation really is and tire pressure along with suspension setup. Going to try a little taller gearing, much lower ride height, different rear tires, and build a swaybar. The two classes I ran were Quad B TT studded and Open Quad A TT studded. Didn't do well at first due to traction problems, but as I started experimenting as said before I strted making considerable improvements. I even took 4th in the open quad a class with my little 450 (smallest engine in that class besides mine was a custom built polaris sport 400 2st all the way to a lt250r hybrid with an xr650 engine). So I'm going to go again this weekend and try with a hopefully much better setup and try to do better than before. One thing that was funny was watching me pull on all the quads out of the whole (if I got the traction) and on the straights in the open class I ran with my 450. laugh.gif

Dachshund

#5 Post by Dachshund »

Sounds like you had fun and learned alot. If you stick with it I'm sure you'll be right up there.

jinx44

#6 Post by jinx44 »

If you don't want to build a swaybar, I have a durablue that I ran on my banshee years ago. It is universal, and I can check to see if it will mount on a dale. It will be pretty cheap, but will need cleaned up since its been sitting for a couple years.

2000ex

#7 Post by 2000ex »

Been waiting around for our local series all winter and nothing doing. Warm again this sunday and they are cancelled.......AGAIN.

mydreamride

#8 Post by mydreamride »

Heres a link to some pics from the race (http://gofy.smugmug.com/Motorsports/Quads/SWIRA-Ice-Racing-1-16-10-Quads/10982511_7WKTU#767752184_dQM5G). My pics should start around page 16 or 17.