First Drag Race of Season

speedracer

#11 Post by speedracer »

Is that Happy's old hood? Those bb Banshees are stupid fast, I don't even waste my time with them, sand doesn't taste that good!

cannondalemaine

#12 Post by cannondalemaine »

Yea thats happy's old hood, got it patched, painted and it came out real nice. It kind of sucks since in this bracket racing I have to race against anything that runs faster than a 5.69 in 300 ft. It is the top atv class and any slower than that is trail class. So most of what I ran against was either high hp banshees or an atv with a snowmobile engine. Should be able to run better with the Banshees when I put my nitrous on though wacko.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q9ZCxas2Bo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPhJcjkwvjs

First video is cut a little but the 2nd is better

speedracer

#13 Post by speedracer »

That hood did turn out nice.Looks like you got your launch figured out,putting the power to the ground!Good-luck on your next race.

smitty 78

#14 Post by smitty 78 »

**** it!! I wanna hood!!! great launches!

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Congrads on your first try out. Talk to Tim and AnimalsCannibal about maybe getting some tips. It looks like you were clutch shifting in the video and thats not needed. Just lay into it and jam gears.

cannondalemaine

#16 Post by cannondalemaine »

Ok cool John thanks for the tip, yea I was clutch shifting the whole day. I was a little nervous with it being the first race but it really did run great (thanks John). I'm sure shifting without the clutch will help a little too. The next events are the 15th and 16th, right now it forecasts rain both days so hopefully it will change. Plan to have a lot more video and pics this time.

wistech

#17 Post by wistech »

Every shift is 5 to 10 feet of no acceleration so as fast as you can get it done the better. Don't worry about the trans they can take quite the abuse. Tim is a big fan of 2nd and 3rd gear starts when you have too much traction but it looks like you got the front wheels hovering pretty good. Lord help you with the nitrous. Run a jet size richer on the fuel for safety as we didn't dyno it with your kit. I am also wondering if we should drop the rev limiter down so you don't linger at waiting for the shift. The power curve drops off before the rev limiter a couple thousand rpm so it doesn't accelerate as fast reving above 9700 rpm. I'll check the dyno charts.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

And when they video take it at the end of the track so we can see the outcome.

cannondalemaine

#19 Post by cannondalemaine »

Haha I'll kindly let the gf know about where to stand and take video hahaha. I have a friend that taped a bunch but I have to somehow get ahold of him. I'll try to get what I can for races, will be racing on sunday. The 250r 3 wheeler and I had really close times so it looked like a nice race but if there are more races taped since it is bracket racing the launch time could be a second or more difference between racers.

Sand_Blaster

#20 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I know this is a old thread, but your drag cdale is siiick. Did you ever sell it? atleast I think you were trying to sell it.