ATV Nationals in Georgia

Brad77

#1 Post by Brad77 »

Hey did anyone on here go to the first national of the season? I was origianlly going to attend, not as a racer but a spectator. Although my kids decided they wanted to go to the Atlanta SX. So we decided to do that.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I bet you did not regret that....what a great race!

311racer

#3 Post by 311racer »

Steward got screwed, Reed was dirty. enough said.

Brad77

#4 Post by Brad77 »

Yeah I gotta say, I think I got my money's worth. The whole event was good and that last race was crazy. I thought the roof was gonna come off the dome.
Reed did come in that turn too hot. Although I can't say that Stewart hasn't cut some riders off before.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

Would've been awesome to see! I was watching it on Speed thinking I bet that's the closest they'll get to me. Missed that opportunity!

That was pretty hard on Reed's part. IMO, he knew it was the only way he was going to beat Stewart. I don't think he intentionally put Stewart on the ground, but it was a definite intentional block. I don't think Reed's quite the rider to put it on Stewart in a head's up race. I don't think there's anyone on the circuit that can. If Stewart doesn't make a mistake, he'll be on the top box. There are up and comer's that look pretty good, but they'll need a little time to mature. I'm a Reed fan. I like James, too. I like racing- don't really care who wins! As long as it's a good race! Reed knew that was the only chance he had to get ahead of Stewart.

It was a good race to watch! Nothing much better than Stewart getting a bad start and having to work his way up.

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I don't really follow SX but watched the daytona SX last night (not sure if it was live or an older race). Stewart made a big mistake and lost it. he looked to be hurt but, climed back on his bike and was in last place then worked his way back up to 7 or 8th. that guy is good, It just seems like he rides like someone is right behind him trying to take the lead from him all the time. I think they said his lap time was about 2 sec. faster than anyone. they siad he wasn't rideing over agressive but for the mistake he made I would say he was riding at his limit. I know if you slow down to much it can mess up your rythem but, even if he would have added another 1/2 a second to his lap time there would have only been 5 or less riders on the lead lap at the end.

I know I am just another Moron giving his opinion. there is no doubt, he can ride but I've always said a good rider dosen't allways make a good racer. Maybe he could have laped the entire field. I don't believe there are any more points for that though.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

I watched the race also, looked like the Stewart of old, until his crash. Well, if he isn't on the ground he usually wins, he was fast though.

joep1219

#8 Post by joep1219 »

My dream ride and my self were at the atv national last weekend. Mike did pretty good finishing one of the two classes he entered. I on the other hand wasn't so lucky, I had a bad crash in the second class on saturday separating my shoulder from the collar bone. I was unable to ride sunday.... we will be at Pell City for round two. I'll keep everyone posted..

Joe P.

Brad77

#9 Post by Brad77 »

Thats terrible Joe, sorry to hear about the crash. Keep us posted on the results.

haulinit

#10 Post by haulinit »

QUOTE (joep1219 @ Mar 6 2011, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my dream ride and my self were at the atv national last weekend. mike did pretty good finishing one of the two classes he entered. i on the other hand wasn't so lucky, i had a bad crash in the second class on sat. separating my shoulder from the collar bone. i was unable to ride sunday.... we will be at pell city for round two. i'll keep everyone posted..

joe p.

separating a shoulder sucks. Hope you get to feeling better.