Annual Group Ride @ Majestic Trials

Brad77

#41 Post by Brad77 »

I do hate I am not there. I thought pretty hard about going. Although money is tight for me right now. Daughter just started college. Bad thing is that besides money, time off work was an issue because I just recently took some vacation days. If there would have been a way to head up today I could have pulled it off but don't have anyone to make the trip with.

Catmochanic

#42 Post by Catmochanic »

Your old enough to have a daughter in college?! I would have never guessed that after I bought that cannibal off of you. If I would have known your situation a little sooner we might have been able to work something out as far as riding together to the annual ride? I am definately not going to miss it next year! I hope everybody that is up their is having a great time!!! I am hating it having to keep thinking about all day while I'm at work. mad.gif

kfxbryan

#43 Post by kfxbryan »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Aug 31 2012, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neil usually takes some pics.

NRath here... Took a few pics but the iPad doesnt allow sd card access. Had a porcupine visit in camp today- about the only visitors we've had! Great riding today, though. Trails are great! HAd a ride this afternoon with KDeal, dachshund, and JTracker. Had some rain move in and cut the fun short at about 5. Chiilin' at the camp fire in the middle of nowhere now- technology is crazy!

Brad77

#44 Post by Brad77 »

QUOTE (Catmochanic @ Sep 14 2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your old enough to have a daughter in college?!

Hahaha yeah pretty scary

Hope everyone had a great time!

NRath

#45 Post by NRath »

Ahhh, back to work... Not quite as fun as the weekend, but I guess we've got to do a little of this, too.

Majestic was great again- man those trails are fun. fast and wide open enough to go a little faster. The water breaks up and down the hills double the fun! The weather was pretty much perfect. I think we ended up with 13 or 14 Cannondale's total. Everybody made it in and out in one piece and the same can be said for most of the quads. Had one or two quads and riders that needed a little TLC and one quad that didn't make it out in one piece because of a rogue hose clamp!

I held true to the statement that riding is more fun than pic taking, so I only got a couple. Actually have more shots of the camp visitor than trail riding!

NRath

#46 Post by NRath »

Honorary Cannondale community member.... He took Jess' place!

Fortunately, he didn't want to talk too much!

jesshamner

#47 Post by jesshamner »

So i got replaced by a rodent...nice. What is that thing? Looks like a good group out on the trail.

NRath

#48 Post by NRath »

Back at one of the first group rides, we had a big bullfrog for a mascot. We've moved up to a porcupine for 2012! He was pretty big, I bet 20+ pounds- about the size of a basketball with legs, head, and tail sticking out. I saw one on the trails a couple years ago. This year, I also saw about 20 turkeys, and chipmunks running like mad. One of them fell victim to a Holeshot GNCC. Shoulda' been a little quicker. I was going a little too quick to try any evasive maneuvers.

There was also a big greenish-brown thing swimming in a big mudhole at about 2am. Then a guy with a flashlight was chasing after it!