2013 Majestic Trails Group Ride

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

All right gang, I am going to give you guys a chance to voice your opinion on the weekend for this years Group Ride. I have said I wouldn't do it this way, because the last time we did we went with the majority and no one showed up for what was one of the best weekends I have ever been to at Majestic.

Here's the deal. We want it in September, and not on Labor Day weekend due to the normal crowds they get there we won't have as much breathing room. My choice has always been the first weekend after Labor Day, because the weather can change drastically as you get closer to October. (We had a couple rides in the beginning of October, big mistake, we all froze our buns off!)

My suggestion is still the same (the weekend after Labor Day) or the following weekend to accomodate some people who just can't come on that weekend. I am open to other dates, but I am going to go by the members who have made the trip at least a few times not neccassarily the majority.

We are planning some sponser give aways and possible one or two HUGE surprises as well. If you miss this ride there will be no excuses. A hint, Timbo was planning a possible BIG giveaway...

Let's hear what you want.

KEN

speedfreek

#2 Post by speedfreek »

I love cooler weather so the closer to oct. the better for me.

Scooter

#3 Post by Scooter »

I will do my best to be there this year, I wait all year to see everyone. We were within 45 minuets of there last year and I broke the shifter off my bike and John had motor trouble. I guess we should have just gone there instead of stopping at the national forest trail head. Pick the best weekend to get the most people there, we do not care if it is cold or not.

Scooter

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

Majestic? hmm, never been there. Sounds like a good time, though!

J/K, obviously... If you haven't been, it really is a great place to ride. It's pretty big, but not H-M scale. However the trails are fast yet still technical in soo many places. And it's one way, so no fearing for your life raging around a corner. I"ve seen some new users on here, so it's a great chance to put faces to names.

As a camper, the colder weather does have a little bearing on my opinion and the school calendar. Given a choice, I'd ask for sometime before Labor Day, as the day after is the first week of school. It's worked out in the past, but there's always a little extra stress because of it. Aug 17, 24, or Sept. 14 if we stay after LD.

MX Quad Dad

#5 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Well, I have made one ride there and went on the wrong weekend once. I work road construction and it all depends on how much weekend work the company gets and how far behind they get, so I realy never know until last minuit. thats how I ended up going on the wrong weekend. Not sure how I got the wrong weekend on my calander but when work got canceled, I didn't take the time to double check. wouldn't have been able to take the next weekend off anyway and My son and I got a lot of good riding in. And it was defanitly worth the trip anyway

Unfortunitly Labor day weekend is my only garranted weekend off (Unless our Govenor has screwed that up too). and I understand why that wouldn't be the best weekend for a group like ours.

I will say it is probably the best ride I've been to and I want to go again. I have never voted on a ride date because it is a crap shoot if I can make it so I won't vote this time either, but if it works out I will be there

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Ok gang it's getting closer to the ride and there have not been that many suggestions. I am still looking at September 6 to the 8th. This has been a tied and true formula and seems to be working. I need to finalize this as we have several issues. FIRST, this is our 10th year going to Majestic Trails and I think we should go all out. I am tired of excuses and BS. Go to you boss now and tell them you need the time off. We are looking at getting vendor involvement again this year, with possible giveaways and or door prizes. Possibly even one big prize, if we can manage it in time.

I am calling out all of the old timers, new timers and friends and families of any of those to be there for food, fun and the usual oddities that goes with a Cannondale Group Ride. As usual this will culminate in the drag races on Saturday evening. The gang at Majestic always has BBQ chicken dinners Saturday afternoon and evening for cheap ($5 if I remember right). There are restrooms this year all along the property (Composting toilets in concrete shelters) along with some rest areas along the trail.

I will be bringing my usual swag and I believe Brad from Black Widow will be there this year as well. This is your one and only time to meet, question and lampoon the greatest Cannondale knowledge you will ever find in person. For those of you that are kindred spirits like myself, a few of us actually show up early and head to Timbo's for some dyno fun before the event. Not a better time can be had in Cannondale land (except for maybe one of Wistech's Dune trips...LOL).

If I can come up from Miami, Florida, I think the rest of you have no excuses! I may have the possibility of some ride and share the expense partners going up the East Coast if needed. There are hotels in town and camping at Majestic for little money, so no excuses.

Come on gang let's make this the best one ever, as none of us are getting any younger (mostly me!).

Ken

Blasterboy11

#7 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Im gonna see if my dad is up for this, the last few years we've been silly busy with work, hopefully i can find him a quad to ride and we can come camp out for the weekend.

bigfoot17

#8 Post by bigfoot17 »

Is this for quads only? I have a Polaris quad,but I would bring the bike.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Bring what ever you want. You are family. It is open to all Cannondale owners (former & current) & friends and family.

omegas

#10 Post by omegas »

I'm looking at bringing myself and two other non-Cdale owners hopefully.