2016 Group Ride @ Majestic Trails

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

Well gang, it's that time of year again. Time for the annual Cannondaleriders.com Group Ride @ Majestic Trails in Bradford, PA. This is our annual pilgrimage of all things Cannondale Motorsports related.

This years event will be September 9th, 10th, 11th. The hosts are the best and the riding is the bomb thru the forests of northern Pennsylvania over several mountain tops. There is a MX track on top of one of the mountain tops a kiddie track for riders with skill sets similar to mine and a campground for the adventurous. For the city folk, there are several motels in the town of Bradford & Smethport. I'll keep monitoring this thread for questions about the ride.

PS: The folks in the know end up at Tim Matczak's house on the day before the ride for a little test and tune session and some good times. Anyone looking to get their quad or bike dynode, it's not to be missed.

I hope to see you there. If I can make it from Miami, FL, then several of you can make it from much shorter distances.

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

I'm packing my bag.

Catmochanic

#3 Post by Catmochanic »

CRAP! I'm not going to be able to make it this year...We just had twins (2-1/2 months old), and my 22month old daughter to take care of. Plus we have our house up for sale and are going to be moving back to Raleigh, N.C. I had a blast last year with a great group of people, and awesome trails! Also I had arrived a day early and was able to get my quad dynoed (thanks Tim)! If anyone hasn't been, you definitely need to put it on your "bucket list". It is a very laid back fun weekend for all. Hope everyone who does go has an awesome weekend. It is definitely a worthwhile trip!

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

Kdeal,
How does it work? My family is planning on making the trip. Who do we pay to use the trails, are there any place we meet up to ride, any events, etc?

Thanks

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Good questions! There are 2 entrances to the park. One is the day use area and there is a greeting type hut building where you can register and pay for the weekend. The other area is a campground at the top of the mountain. The staff will go by and check on any new arrivals and you will be required to register and pay. This is where we all meet up at and greet each other. The two entrances are about a mile or so apart around the winding road that goes around the mountain. Some people start at the day area and register, then go back out to the road and into the other entrance up the mountain to the campground. This way you are registered before you ride, (which the owners demand). When you go up to the campground, go past the first right turn for the campground and look a few hundred feet ahead for an open area to your right, there is a circle there where we all park and set up at. I will PM you my cell phone number for anyone that needs help.

Ken

showoff588

#6 Post by showoff588 »

I'm definately planning this trip. My first time so I would need an address.

dunnbandit1

#7 Post by dunnbandit1 »

QUOTE (showoff588 @ Aug 19 2016, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im definately planning this trip . my first time so i would need an address.

directions and trail info is at majestictrails.com

dalewannbe

#8 Post by dalewannbe »

Do members bring parts and stuff to swap,

vickie0523

#9 Post by vickie0523 »

I'll be there!!!.......and yes guys bring parts to sell and trade.

bigfoot17

#10 Post by bigfoot17 »

Getting closer.