Christmas crank fairy game DEC 2005

jesshamner

#171 Post by jesshamner »

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

wistech

#172 Post by wistech »

Jesshammer your free stroker engine is done . Give me a call when you get a chance for shipping. Congradulations.

azcannon

#173 Post by azcannon »

lucky lucky lucky dog

jesshamner

#174 Post by jesshamner »

Wooo hoooo! I'll call you on the holiday(Independence Day) if thats ok. I might actually get to race this weekend.

jesshamner

#175 Post by jesshamner »

Ok...I put the motor back in last night Thursday 7/14/06 and it fired right up! Of course it needed a little help from the battery charger but you all know how that goes. I was so excited! I want to thank Wistech and Timbo for all that they have done. The only complaint I have is that Wistech put holes in my cooler. LOL. Just kidding around.

I also want to thank ****** for the help in getting it there. You know how you helped and I want you to know that its greatly appreciated.

The motor is running strong and already put a 450r in its place...even on break in. smile.gif

There is one slight problem though. During the break in process, it started to puke the oil up into the airbox. Now I know that you all will get on to me for not doing the oil line update. It has never puked oil before now. I might have overfilled it but it has puked quite a bit of oil already and it keeps coming. Is there something I might have done wrong? What could have changed from before besides my oil level? Do I need to prime the oil system? I will probably go ahead and do the oil line update anyway.

I don't fully understand how this update will keep the oil from puking into the airbox. The hose that runs to the airbox isn't the same hose that gets eliminated from the oil drain plug is it? If not, how does this work?

wistech

#176 Post by wistech »

Make sure the scavange is pumping by watching for oil flow in the frame oil fill hole. I have also seen some put the hoses in the wrong spots on the frame tubes. Remember never more than 1.5 quarts. in the engine.

jesshamner

#177 Post by jesshamner »

I will recheck the oil hoses again and look for the circulating oil in the fill hole.

If I overfilled it, it wasn't by much. It puked out quite a bit of oil already.

jesshamner

#178 Post by jesshamner »

Just a little update. I checked the fill hole for oil circulating. The oil IS circulating. I got a chance to ride it a little more after break in and its still puking oil. I have a nice puddle underneath my quad in the garage from all the oil spilling out. Would the oil line update be the correct fix or is there something else going on? It hasn't puked oil in the 2 years prior to the crank install. I don't understand why it would be doing it now.

cannondale27

#179 Post by cannondale27 »

Are you sure the lines are hooked up correctly?Only other thing would be really excessive piston blowby.

wistech

#180 Post by wistech »

The scavange hose plugs into the frame tube that points straight back .
Dont use the dipstick . Drain it all and add exactly 1.5 quarts. no more. The scavange update gets rid of the lower hose that can shoot oil directly up the vent hose from the scavange cover into the breather system and overwhelm it.