Christmas crank fairy game DEC 2005

jesshamner

#181 Post by jesshamner »

I know for a fact that I didn't over fill it after break in. I'll give the hoses a thorough check and get back to you.

jesshamner

#182 Post by jesshamner »

Ok, so I checked the hoses and they seem pretty simple to get right. With the way we took the motor out, it wasn't really that hard to figure out what goes where. The hoses have been in those positions for so long they pretty much held their position.

I checked my oil container tonight also. It has more than a half a quart left so I know I didn't put more than 1.5 quarts in.

I guess the next step is to do the oil line update. sad.gif I still don't understand why it would need it now and NEVER before. Anything else I could check without tearing it apart?

cannondale27

#183 Post by cannondale27 »

Something else is wrong.Oil line update is very rarely needed.Keep looking.Are you sure there wasnt a plug in one of the hoses to keep dirt out and you installed hose with it in there?Seen that before.Not me of course!Also check the filter at back of motor along with that hose to be sure its not pinched.

jesshamner

#184 Post by jesshamner »

The hose looks good at the back of the motor. I believe wistech said it modded this filter somehow but I can't remember what he did exactly.

jesshamner

#185 Post by jesshamner »

Wistech, what did you do to the hose/filter that comes out the back of the motor and into the frame? I can't remember what you said but I remember you telling me about it.

wistech

#186 Post by wistech »

Nothing but it does have the kdeal magnet in the filter. Did you get the update installed yet.

jesshamner

#187 Post by jesshamner »

No I haven't installed the oil vent update. I checked it the circulation again tonight. Its definitely circulating. I checked the magnet that you installed in the filter behind the motor. It had a couple shavings of good size in it. I'd say the biggest was 1mm x 4mm. The other was about 1mm x 1mm. It also had some dust sized shavings stuck to the magnet that would fit through the screen.

Anyway, I thought that maybe that was enough to plug it up so I pulled the magnet. I put it all back together and its still puking oil. I know its not overfilled because there is no oil touching the dipstick now. I doubled checked my quart of oil and it is confirmed that it took less than 1.5 qts.

I guess the next step is to do the vent update. Is it safe to say that if the oil is circulating, it is oiling everything properly? And that doing the vent update will safely cure this problem?

I noticed that it is shooting oil out at idle mostly and if I rev it up, it will stop until I let off the throttle. Then it will start running out again. I probably have a half a qt of oil on my garage floor right now. sad.gif

jesshamner

#188 Post by jesshamner »

Wistech do you remember what the scavenge pump gears looked like? Good condition?

wistech

#189 Post by wistech »

If they were bad they would have been replaced. When you look down the frame hole for the dipstick is there an obvious river of oil? Not down in the lower shelf but the upper shelf should have about a quarter inch deep river flowing along and draining down into the small hole. Is it frothy like it has air whipped up in it.

dalewannbe

#190 Post by dalewannbe »

Mine puked oil the first time I put my motor back in too. Coincedently it was one Wistech put toghether while I observed the master.

I drained all my oil and then let my quad set over night with the front end propped up. I haven't had a problem since.

I believe once it started puking oil it was keeping puking until you drain the oil.....I don't know what its called, same kinda principal as when you put your hand against your wet tent, it just draws the water through the tent material.. Whatever that principal is called.

Anywho, I would try draining the oil, including tipping your quad up a little bit to make sure you empty the engine case good, so tip it up on the clutch side. Then carefully measure a quart and a half back in.

Good luck with it.