Christmas crank fairy game DEC 2005

jesshamner

#191 Post by jesshamner »

Well, it doesn't have that much oil in it right now. The first time I checked for circulation, it was moving pretty good but I don't remember any froth. I'm going to do like dalewannabe said and try draining it and then refilling.

dalewannabe, is the term capillary action? I think if not, then capillary action is similar to that.

BTW, Jaybr tells me that if its puking oil at idle then something is wrong. sad.gif

wistech

#192 Post by wistech »

The breather update is mostly for high rpm problem. If you have flow through the frame then the pump is working. One thing to check is when you drain the oil measure how much is coming out of the crankcase itself. If the pumps are working good you should get about a cup. One thing you need to check is for a kinked hose under the airbox. Sometimes they get pinched right by the air temp sensor.

T-Rex

#193 Post by T-Rex »

Mines not pucking any oil it just burns it because its wooor out...

jesshamner

#194 Post by jesshamner »

I drained all the oil yesterday and left it overnight. There was roughly 9 fl ounces from the crank case. Before I drained it, I filled it to normal level and once again checked the circulation through the dipstick hole. There is definitely a river of oil with some airbubbles just as you described Wistech. With it filled to the correct level on the dipstick, I noticed that there was more oil being pushed through the vent hose on idle. I will refill with oil today measuring out exactly 1.5 qts per wannabe's suggestion and I will be checking under the airbox for a kinked oil hose.

jesshamner

#195 Post by jesshamner »

Checked all hoses again and no kinks and hooked up right. Drained all the oil and measured out exactly 1.5 qts. It is still puking oil even at idle...mostly at idle in fact. When on the throttle it doesn't do it. What to do now?

cannondale27

#196 Post by cannondale27 »

Pull the motor and send it back to Witech or someone else.

jesshamner

#197 Post by jesshamner »

If there is something wrong and I did the update, would it still puke?

cannondale27

#198 Post by cannondale27 »

There is something wrong.Shouldnt need the update especially at idle.Ones that needed update mostly did it at wideopen on very cold days.Why not take pics of all your hoses so we can be sure they are routed correctly?Also some without update would continue blowing if the chamber at back right spar wasnt drained.There is two hoses there pull off lower one and get any oil out of there.

jesshamner

#199 Post by jesshamner »

I'll try to get pics today after work. I'm sure there is oil in the back right spar. I don't think I have ever disconnected either of those 2 hoses.

wistech

#200 Post by wistech »

There is only a couple of things I can think of. Since the oil is being pumped out of the crankcase that means at least the primary scavange rotor is working. Now if the smaller rotor(the one that pumps oil out of the head has had the pin shear off , was not installed,or the passage is blocked ) then it might be letting the head fill up to the point where liquid oil would be getting into the breather system.
Simply putting a hose from the valve cover and starting the engine for a minute or two should determine if thats the issue . There should be very little of anything coming out the valve cover fitting.

So are you sure the scavange pump line is going into the rearward facing fitting in the back of the frame ?
We will have to get to the bottom of this or a road trip might be in order.