TEAM CANNONDALERIDERS DRAG RACE QUAD

ADMINISTRATOR

#1 Post by ADMINISTRATOR »

Team Cannondaleriders is also having a drag race quad. Just like the 6-12hr quad its a baskets case, literally. Quad is being built from the ground up from a quad that was in pieces getting parted out. One more Dale saved. Some progress is being made and we now have all parts to make the quad complete. Engine will be built by timbomoose. Exact size not yet determined we are looking into what motor sizes work for class. We are hoping to get 60rwhp out of the motor.Frame has been completely disassembled and is getting powdercoated. This will not be your everyday color scheme. We have decided to go with black plastic and a GLOW IN THE DARK GREEN frame. This quad will be using all stock cannondale parts and just lightned up where we can. We are going with 03 a-arms because the lightest. Stock swing arm is getting lengthened to put the power to the ground. We are going to do the best to make this a show AND REALLY GO! quad. We had trouble finding a place to do the glow in the dark powdercoating,but Wistech's powdercoater in Wisconsin is going to give it a try.Hopefully their 1st attempt will be a good one. Will know in a few days. Pipe will be a fmf ti pipe or the new dual exhuast. Goal of coarse is to dominate its class and dragracer speed1b has proven the Dale is capable. We also invite speed1b to be part of the cannondaleriders drag race team.We will be experiment different things on the motor for r&d.Might even try different motor configurations throughout the year.Will be posting pics on progress soon.

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

Sounds cool. Bring it out West and see how well it will climb a sand dune when it's done.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Tim did you get the wiring harness I had for that quad? It was an almost new 03 revision 8 with battery cables . I hope you have it because I cant seem to find it. Ill donate a hydraulic clutch setup to if you need it.

ADMINISTRATOR

#4 Post by ADMINISTRATOR »

Have the the wiring harness.Will be going on the beast.Will take you up on the hydrolic clutch setup too.Thanks for the donations its grately appreciated.We'll have some Witech engineering decals on the quads along with all other sponsors.Thanks John.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

The chassis is done and I will deliver it at the Indy show. Id post some pics but they really dont do it justice. The color is physco lime . Silver basecoat, photoluminescent addative with clearcoat topcoat. Yes it does indeed glow in the dark. I think we need to do more chassis parts since we have several pounds of color left. Bring me more!!!!!!. I dont know if I should post pics until after the dealer show.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Send me the harness, I'll lighten it for you, and do away with all the bs.

claas900

#7 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (wistech @ Feb 10 2007, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The chassis is done and I will deliver it at the Indy show. Id post some pics but they really dont do it justice. The color is physco lime . Silver basecoat, phospholuminescent addative with clearcoat topcoat. Yes it does indeed glow in the dark. I think we need to do more chassis parts since we have several pounds of color left. Bring me more!!!!!!. I dont know if I should post pics until after the dealer show.

Are there any parts you guys need? I can see what I got.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

check it out biggrin.gif

T-Rex

#9 Post by T-Rex »

That looks awesome, what other parts do you think you need. I have some left over stuff.
I would like to join the drag race club since thats all I do when I go anywhere. I will one day send a stock swing arm to T-Dub and see if he can make me a +4 swing arm for mine. This coming Friday I will be going to the dyno and see what hp my 450 makes.....

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Glowing in the dark

QUOTE (wistech @ Feb 19 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glowing in the dark