autoclutches

Happyboy

#21 Post by Happyboy »

We had one before but the discussion really didn't take off.

I love the clutch. I ride mostly woods and man, its heaven not having to contantly clutch in the tight stuff. I can leave it in 3rd gear most of the time and it doesnt' even lug because of the clutch. For the track I am not sure. I use mine on the track but I am a C class rider at best so I am not a good judge.

The clutch :head: in my book. Only downfall is the price. Retail puts them just over $500 but Doug gives a real good price on them. But by no means are they cheap.

c41xracer

#22 Post by c41xracer »

i seen a pro class rider using one on his mx quad this past weekend and it seemed to work well.I like the idea about not having to grab the clutch in corners(yes im lazy)

CC RIDER

#23 Post by CC RIDER »

I,ve never had one on a bike before, but know lotsa guys who have and love 'em for the tight single track trails.
I don't know if it would be a good idea in a quad riding the dunes. It may not last too long to those extreme conditions. But I'm not sure.

Exodus

#24 Post by Exodus »

I haven't rode with one on a Cannondale, but I have rode with one on a Honda. I loved it, before we installed it, the Honda had a bit more clutch to pull than my Cannondale, I constantly killed it in the corner when getting hard on the rear brake. The Rekluse spoiled me enough that I killed my Cannondale for a while after getting back on it. It makes things so much simplier without having to grab the clutch in a hard corner. I didnt get to try it in the air, so I dont know if the clutch will let the bike stall if you grab the rear brake in flight. Nice product, when I get the wifes Cannondale done, she's going to have one for sure. Hint: She stalls it alot. LOL

MI_CDALE_Rider

#25 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

A friend of mine that rode Cdales and got me into them, now races GNCC Hare scrambles on a YFZ and swears by the Rekluse and that it actually made him quite a bit faster. He tried the EFM(?) and another and settled on the Rekluse.

I have the hydro clutch, do you have to replace the clutch plates when you install the Rekluse or is that part of the Rekluse? Is it hard to install?

Someone asked about using the clutch during dead engine starts. From what I seen the Rekluse make you faster off the start (no clutch usage) and no stalls.

DOUG... Please PM me ASAP as well with the price aand availability of the Rekluse for my 2003 hydro clutch Cdale

Great topic thanks to all and I look forward to hearing form you Doug!

haydug

#26 Post by haydug »

I have spent very little time on an autoclutch bike, however I did ride Frank's ATK at a group ride and like it. I also have sold soveral to local guys on trx 450's. I spent around 20 laps at a local track on one of the bikes.
I at first was very skeptical about the clutch. I have ridden for 30 years using my finger, and was afraid of losing that control. However, after trying repeatedly to clear a double coming right out of a corner, I can honestly say the reckluse did not hinder me in clearing it. This is a spot where you need all the power to the ground, with no wheel spin. I would love to spend a few days with the clutch. They tried talking me into putting one into the KTM this year, but didn't have time to test it out. I will try it out this summer in my new bike, and may even install it in one of my dales.

mmitteer

#27 Post by mmitteer »

Has anyone dynoed this? Will you loose power by installing this clutch? I stall a lot at starts. I start the cannondale and when I hit the throttle it dies. The TPS is calibrated and this still happens. Will this eliminate the stalling?

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

Those are very good queastions. I know of someone going to the dyno in 2 weeks. Let me see what I can pull out of my arse and get an auto clutch there for the dyno.

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

Shouldn't loose any power at all. But you to be sure you would have to run it on the dyno, then remove it and dyno again. Thats the only fair way. But I can tell you seat of the pants wise, there is 0 loss of power.

And your stalling, it depends on what is causeing the stall. If its you by popping the clutch wrong then yes it will cure that as there is no clutch to pop. If its the ecu then no. Since it got cooler I have had a problem with mine if I gently rev the motor on take offs. It will hesitate and sometimes stall. But if I gun mine it is fine. I just need to retune it soon.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#30 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Happy can I assume that during the spring, summer and early fall you had no issues with your autoclutch, but now you get the hestitation in December?

I'm on the edge of buying one of these and am curious to hear both the good and the bad.

Thanks,
Ken

Originally posted by Happyboy
Shouldn't loose any power at all.  But you to be sure you would have to run it on the dyno, then remove it and dyno again.  Thats the only fair way.  But I can tell you seat of the pants wise, there is 0 loss of power.

And your stalling, it depends on what is causeing the stall.  If its you by popping the clutch wrong then yes it will cure that as there is no clutch to pop.  If its the ecu then no.  Since it got cooler I have had a problem with mine if I gently rev the motor on take offs.  It will hesitate and sometimes stall.  But if I gun mine it is fine.  I just need to retune it soon.