autoclutches

Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

Actually I had my only clutch problem when I went to the dunes this past fall. Rekluse says that they test their clutches in the sand all the time and have no problems but when I ask around there seem to be many more failures in the sand than any where else. From what I can tell (best guess) is the sand is just way more abuse on the clutch than anywhere else. I had very worn clutch plates in my dale at that point. I noticed a little bit of slippage before but didn't do anything. Then at the dunes they burnt up very fast. Now that I put new plates in the rekluse works flawlessly. No slippage and no hesitation.

My motor hesitation is just mapping problems. I have been too darned lazy since I got back to tweak and recal my own stuff. smile.gif

MI_CDALE_Rider

#32 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Happy,

Thanks for the info and GL on the recal

Happyboy

#33 Post by Happyboy »

recal just done and running like a champ. Dang I hate being so lazy! lol

CC RIDER

#34 Post by CC RIDER »

HappyBoy:

(Since you seem to be the authority on this subject)
I just pulled out my '03's C clutch and found the innermost disc's tabs were all bent and mangled from the clutch basket. The second disc out only slightly, not too bad. Dave (Canniboomer) tells me that the mod to fix this is a thicker innermost disc and 2 plates instead of the one at the inside #1position.

My question is: does the Rekluse incorporate the use of our clutch plates and discs?Will Dave's suggestion fit using the Rekluse?? A write-up is in order! I'll help with it, but I won't be doing the install until middle of March (The engine is tore down for crank/rod/bearing updates).

Thanks for your input and any clarification to the install would be great! :usa

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

Rekluse uses our stock plates. If there is too much clearance when installed they include thicker plates to reduce the clearance to a set amount. Putting 2 plates on the bottom should work just fine with the rekluse since all the rekluse does is engage and disengage. Nothing more.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#36 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Wasn't aware of the Rekluse using our stock clutch plates.. I guess it makes sense to install new plates during the rekluse install then...

OK who or where is a good source for the new clutch plates and any after market considerations?

Doug? Brad? Dave? Happy?

Happyboy

#37 Post by Happyboy »

Doug is a dealer for them and I think Brad is about to be. If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout and I can fill you in on more info.

Jaybr

#38 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Dang I hate being so lazy!  lol

You want to talk about being lazy? I've had a Recluse in the garage for about 6 months now and haven't installed it.:eek:

CC RIDER

#39 Post by CC RIDER »

Originally posted by Jaybr
You want to talk about being lazy?  I've had a Recluse in the garage for about 6 months now and haven't installed it.:eek:

Naw, that's not laziness, that's more like putting money under your matress!!! :drink:

Happyboy

#40 Post by Happyboy »

rofl, lazy!