Why are you ignoring me?

SpArx

#21 Post by SpArx »

Originally posted by UpsMan
Canada eh?  I refuse to sell to Canadians due to some bad ebay experiences.  But thats just me.  You guys do what you want.
That's too bad, I have great feedback on Ebay. Heard of that problem alot. Too bad Americans are great to deal with on Ebay. It's easy to poke out problems with Canadians, but I'm sure everyone who took my money was more than pleased! That's okay, you dislike Canadians, I hate UPS, you guys give it to us bad when it comes to Duty, Brokerage, Duty GST, Brokerage GST, and what else, hmm, maybe a deep snow travelling fee too while your at it? Haha

Once I got charged $50 in fees for a $20 item off of ebay, are you guys crazy? Man...

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by SpArx
Trust me, I tried 5 times since Dec 5. I couldn't get a response back, but I did on here. So it works. As well others can give better input as to a fair resolution such as a mediator. That's what forums like these are for.

That's funny, I spefically remember offering this deal earlier, with absolutely no giving on your part.
Besides, water behind the bridge now. If you are happy with this deal, let's get it done.

May I make a little suggestion. I have 2 customers overseas, and ship to them about 4-8 times per year. Each has his own fed-ex account. I simply fill out the paperwork, call fed-ex, and they pick it up. It is still "gifted" to them, they can track it easily, and they pay only the shipping charges. They have told me some of the outragous shipping prices others have charged them.
They also stated it made it easier if there was a problem, since it is their account, they will contact them anyway if there is a problem.
Again just a suggestion.

UpsMan

#23 Post by UpsMan »

That's too bad, I have great feedback on Ebay. Heard of that problem alot. Too bad Americans are great to deal with on Ebay. It's easy to poke out problems with Canadians, but I'm sure everyone who took my money was more than pleased! That's okay, you dislike Canadians, I hate UPS, you guys give it to us bad when it comes to Duty, Brokerage, Duty GST, Brokerage GST, and what else, hmm, maybe a deep snow travelling fee too while your at it? Haha

These fees that you are talking about are not made up by ups. They are because of tariffs and other BS. Duty, Brokerage, Duty GST, Brokerage GST....these are all basically taxes computed by Customs. If you fill out your paperwork correctly, there shouldn't be any fees. Next time you use ups for international shipments, don't say it is worth $1000 or whatever on the invoice. Say it is only worth $5. You can insure it independently from what your invoice says, but customs and import duties and fees are figured from your invoice. These duties and fees are determined by the US government and the Canadian government, not ups. You folks that ship international packages should know what I am saying here.

GDITheman

#24 Post by GDITheman »

bottom line is ALWAYS SHIP WITH TRACKING NUMBERS.

ALL SHIPPERS MAKE MISTAKES. UPS DOES DO A GOOD JOB AT CORRECTING MISTAKES.

DOUG HAS STOOD BEHIND HIS WORK WITH ME. SO I AM STANDING BEHIND HIM ON THIS AND SAYING I BET HE WILL WORK OUT THE ISSUE IF YOU WILL TOO.

Mjollnir

#25 Post by Mjollnir »

I'll add a postscript. Never EVER ship DHL! You would have better luck randomly picking up a transient in a downtown metro area, gently balancing your unpacked item on his head, and directing him to the nearest freeway to hitchhike to the package's final destination.

Marc

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
I'll add a postscript. Never EVER ship DHL! You would have better luck randomly picking up a transient in a downtown metro area, gently balancing your unpacked item on his head, and directing him to the nearest freeway to hitchhike to the package's final destination.

Marc

No really tell us how you feel!smile.gif

SpArx

#27 Post by SpArx »

Originally posted by UpsMan
These fees that you are talking about are not made up by ups.  They are because of tariffs and other BS.  Duty, Brokerage, Duty GST, Brokerage GST....these are all basically taxes computed by Customs.   If you fill out your paperwork correctly, there shouldn't be any fees.  Next time you use ups for international shipments, don't say it is worth $1000 or whatever on the invoice.  Say it is only worth $5.   You can insure it independently from what your invoice says, but customs and import duties and fees are figured from your invoice.  These duties and fees are determined by the US government and the Canadian government, not ups.  You folks that ship international packages should know what I am saying here.
It's funny how all the paperwork is done right with FedEx, USPS, and UPS. It's the Free Trade Agreement, which UPS chooses to ignore. You should only be paying aprox. $5 handling fee and whatever the GST, no dut, brokerage, duty GST, brokerage GST and whatever else they can throw at you. I've never had a reasonable rate with UPS, unless it was sent as a gift, and even then, 8 out of 10 times I'll still have to pay a fee even as a gift! Go figure?

SpArx

#28 Post by SpArx »

Originally posted by haydug
That's funny, I spefically remember offering this deal earlier, with absolutely no giving on your part.
Besides, water behind the bridge now. If you are happy with this deal, let's get it done.

May I make a little suggestion. I have 2 customers overseas, and ship to them about 4-8 times per year. Each has his own fed-ex account. I simply fill out the paperwork, call fed-ex, and they pick it up. It is still "gifted" to them, they can track it easily, and they pay only the shipping charges. They have told me some of the outragous shipping prices others have charged them.
They also stated it made it easier if there was a problem, since it is their account, they will contact them anyway if there is a problem.
Again just a suggestion.
I don't recall you ever saying half of Cost, just half, and I pay the shipping. This time you offered half dealer cost, which I'm leaving in faith to you to be honest it is as accurate to what it should really be, and not just saying it's a certain figure which is actually more. Anyhow, I have yet to receive any notification from you as to the actual cost your expecting to charge me. I stated that before and am still awaiting any results. Please let me know so we can get this done ASAP and I can start my wait for my swingarm, chain guide, and adj steering stem stop yet again. I will state exactly in the email my correct address that I'm intrusting you to write down accurately and to double check it with the shipper before you send it off to make sure no details are missing. I guess this is me just wanting to get it done with following through, since we both had a part to play in this I guess we both should suffer financially. All I ever heard was that you'd do half of what I paid, never heard once half of cost. But lets just get it done, I'm awaiting an email with figures. Thanks, Gavin.

SpArx

#29 Post by SpArx »

Marc
Yet another oxi-moron, DHL is great in Canada! I had them ship $5500 in air bag parts to my address with like 10 boxes over 1000miles and each and every box can in great shape and not one box was missing! Best part is, he kept it in his truck so that he could keep coming by my place everyday when I wasn't there the first day! Pretty good service to me! But it's so different wherever you go with whichever shipper. Liike Doug, he has a crappy USPS branch, if I would have known, I would have had him FedEx the items before UPS'ing them.

haydug

#30 Post by haydug »

Marc

So, you're saying the DHL is you're preferred choice!