Did you send it on a pallet?

UpsMan

how to handle the damage claim

#41 Post by UpsMan »

I'm not real sure on this one.....UPS picks up the package and takes it to where? Sometimes it just goes to the local distribution center. Sometimes it goes to a regional center. I don't know the hows and the whys of that, but thats what I see. I don't know if I'd want ups carrying that box around anymore than they already have. It is likely to receive even more damage. I think if I was you I would call whoever you called before about the damage, and let them know you are concerned about even more damage occuring and explain that it can be salvaged by welding or whatever, but that you are worried about more damage during the inspection process. I don't know if there is any other way to resolve a claim without them inspecting it though. Now, if it is ruined about as bad as it can be ruined, let them come and get it. What is there to lose? I have one of my own packages in the damage claim process right now. They picked it up and I haven't heard anything back yet. Its been about 6 business days. I have no idea how long the process takes, but I know xmas really messes everything up like you wouldn't believe. I will wait another week and then call them and see what is going on. I have to go through regular channels for these things just like everyone else, and this is my first damage claim for one of my own packages. Now I know what the customer has to go through when we wreck something.

haydug

#42 Post by haydug »

UPS man: Thanks for the input.

As for the "idiot" phrase, well, that is not directly aimed at anyone in particular, however, I have 1 UPS man that I think the shoe fits properly. As for taking care of my UPS man, I guy him lunch all the time (pizza, free drinks, leftovers, etc. etc.) and even had him a christmas card waiting. However, I don't think he is the one who "threw this box out of the truck". I once had an engine delivered, that was hanging out of the box, with a hole in the valve cover and impeller cover. The man in brown looked at my like I was the idiot when I asked him about that damage. He said, oh well, just refuse it. I know Alex(my normal driver) would not have handled it that way, but what do you do?

jesshamner

Re: how to handle the damage claim

#43 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by UpsMan
I have one of my own packages in the damage claim process right now.  They picked it up and I haven't heard anything back yet.  Its been about 6 business days.  I have no idea how long the process takes, but I know xmas really messes everything up like you wouldn't believe.  I will wait another week and then call them and see what is going on.  I have to go through regular channels for these things just like everyone else, and this is my first damage claim for one of my own packages.  Now I know what the customer has to go through when we wreck something.

Your wait might be because here in Louisville, a truck overturned on the interstate. I'd have to say that most of the packages were damaged and that there is a high volume of claims just because of Christmas anyway.

Smitty911

aahhhh the saga!!!!!!

#44 Post by Smitty911 »

Well no real surprise UPS sent the claim to a Third Party. The Third Party denied the claim. I guess they think Doug broke it and threw it in a box. LOL

Any way Doug has said he would make it right, so no worries.

Smitty

Smitty911

The Saga Round Three

#45 Post by Smitty911 »

Well UPS denied the claim and being that I am not the shipper they won't discuss it with me. Nice.

Smitty

Sandstorm

#46 Post by Sandstorm »

Un fuggin believable!!!