Is Doug The God of the Cannondale World?

kdeal

Is Doug The God of the Cannondale World?

#1 Post by kdeal »

This question has came up more than once lately in the forums in a serious and not so serious manner. I wanted to give my take on some of the BS that has been flying around lately.

I noticed someone complained that the needed to talk to Doug about a technical problem and his employee that answers the phone couldn't help them. Hmmm... I have yet to see Doug have technical advice for sale. I know he sells both new and used parts, he does service work by mail and walk-in, but I have never heard him offer tech advise for sale. I kind of thought that's what this site is for.

I still haven't recieved my parts that I ordered from him two weeks ago. Have you paid for them yet? If you have, I think you may have an issue. Call his shop and speak with his employee or Doug (if he is available). Complaining about it and never contacting him back does no good what so ever. If you haven't paid for it, maybe the order has not been filled. Doug is human, he does forget on occasion, he does lose notes on occasion. CONTACT HIM.

And my most favorite complaint and the theme of this useless rant... Doug is God, and you can't say anything bad about him. When you do everyone bashes you..(or something to that affect). Hmm.. my first thoughts are, I have seen Doug humbled more than once on this site, I have seen him apologize for mistakes he has made, I also wonder if Doug is such a bad guy...why he doesn't delete everything bad & demeaning on this site and ban all the idiots that have nothing better to do with your time.

Sounds to me like he isn't such a bad guy.........has anyone gotten a hold of MAZ lately?................................

Rant over, you may continue.....................

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Kdeal I agree with posts 2 and 3 completely. The first one is kinda tough. One of the great things about Doug was his willingness to help you out anyway he could. Kinda got alot of people dependent on his knowledge. Then like an evil drug dealer he shut the doors on the knowledge vault. I would have to say people aren't mad as much about the lack of info from him just the fact they can't get at it so easy anymore.

I think Doug is a great person and there are alot of great people here on the forum too.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

We need to have a big conference call once a month and Doug can have a question/answer segment. smile.gif

It is impossible to run a business when you are on the phone answering questions all day. I understand his pain.

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

Well perhaps I could get this question answered... by the man himself..

Doug... How do you do it??

I am guessing that you have....
a house that you need to pay for
a Car payment, insurance
kids
a shop space
overhead for the shop
Health ins.

I just can't understand how you do it and stay a float...

What is on my wish list is to read about you ... how you became Haydug Cycles? What do you need to do to take the plunge and work for yourself?

I would also like to see something like I stated above from Mr. Brad O.

I have tons of ideas... nothing that is going to make me a millionaire but could bring some cake my way... Just don't know how to bring those ideas out to a product.

Now regarding calling up and placing an order... I have been doing it thru Brad O. I just don't think you make that much on the phone orders and think you do better with rebuilds.

OK my 0.02$

still awake???

GDITheman

Re: Is Doug The God of the Cannondale World?

#5 Post by GDITheman »

Originally posted by kdeal

Sounds to me like he isn't such a bad guy.........has anyone gotten a hold of MAZ lately?................................

THE LATEST ON MAZ

Derno24

Re: Re: Is Doug The God of the Cannondale World?

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by GDITheman
THE LATEST ON MAZ

What did that answer?

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

Thanks alot Ken, and I am in noway shape or form even close to God. I try my hardest, although this year I have dedicated more of my time to myself and my family, and am paying the price. Oh well, my family will be here 10 years down the road. Where will the whiners be??

GDITheman

Re: Is Doug The God of the Cannondale World?

#8 Post by GDITheman »

Originally posted by Derno24
What did that answer?

HMMMMMM............ LET'S SEE.................

Originally posted by kdeal
has anyone gotten a hold of MAZ lately?................................

HE ASKED A QUESTION AND I GAVE THE BEST ANSWER I COULD. DID YOU HAVE A BETTER ONE?

DOUG HAS A LOT ON HIS PLATE, BUT HE STILL HANDLED MY ENGINE REBUILD PROFESSIONALLY. NOT EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. SOME OF IT WAS IN HIS CONTROL AND SOME WASN'T. ALL IN ALL I RECEIVED BETTER THAN AVERAGE SERVICE AND WHAT SEEMS TO BE A GREAT PRODUCT. I GIVE DOUG SLACK ON ANSWERING PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS BECAUSE I THINK HE MAKES UP FOR IT WITH THE FINAL PRODUCT.

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by haydug
Thanks alot Ken, and I am in noway shape or form even close to God. I try my hardest, although this year I have dedicated more of my time to myself and my family, and am paying the price. Oh well, my family will be here 10 years down the road. Where will the whiners be??

Doug,

This was not a "Doug is God worship" type thing, I just liked the idea that everyone would read a thread with that title, and it was a half-a$$ quote I read in another thread. Nor am I making excuses for you or your shop. It was getting a little hard to read some of the threads lately with all the whining going on. I was beginning to think we needed a babysitter for some of the whiners.

I do agree with Derno on his thoughts of your status in this community. Whether you like it or not, you are the main guy in the Cannondale community right now. You are a full service shop with parts & labor to support our bikes. There are other people who can work on them, and several others who you can buy parts from, but not really both. You are an honest man, (sometimes forgetful, but aren't we all), and one heck of a good friend.

I know you are trying to take care of your family to the best of your ability and I think we all should respect that.

cdalerider75

#10 Post by cdalerider75 »

kdeal

don't forget the HOT HEADED community!!! That would be me!!:deal: