250r A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
theJeStEr1340

250r A-arms

#1 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I was told that our front ends are based on 250r geometry and that 250r a-arms will fit, anyone tried this?

CannondaleRider

#2 Post by CannondaleRider »

They fit, but they don't work right.........ask krash

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Krash, what's wrong with them? lol

krash

#4 Post by krash »

I took a set of +2 arms off of an 86 250r and slightly moddified it to fit the Dale. The only things that needed to be changed was the length of the end pieces ( the little cone shaped pieces that take up the space between the frame mount and the hyme joint). Also the ball joints are different. The taper on the ball joint bolt is different, but I got some shims from LSR that took care of that. After I got the bike together, and adjusted the front end, I took it for a ride and everything seemed fine, as long as there were no bumps. It took me two races to figure out why I couldn't come off a jump straight or hold a line while going through whoops. I found that the problem was bump-steer. I adjusted my tow-in to 3/4" at normal riding level, and when I compressed my suspension it was 1 3/4" tow-out!!!! So there is some major differences somewhere in the design. But there was a good thing about what I had done.......................... It looked pretty cool!!

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Man, I have talked about the a-arm swapping subject 1000's of times on exriders, and some of them still insist that its a good idea. rolleyes.gif

jacobw

#6 Post by jacobw »

yeah it seems they insist on getting themselves killed!sad.gif I guess people think quad parts are universal! :eek:

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

haha. When I compress my suspension (ASR a-arms, made for the dale) my toe in goes even farther in.. When they weren't adjusted correctly, I would land on the face fo a jump, my suspension would compress from the jump, then from the down force of landing going back to horizontal and it would pull to the left very very bad.

thanks for the info.

cdaleracer52

#8 Post by cdaleracer52 »

my friend has gibson +3 on his moto that are for a 400ex and the thing doesnt turn for sh!t.