brand new tie rod end failed

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

LOL, your are funny. And again, you wasted another post and still didn't respond back with what the real problem was. You telling me to reread your post when your post wasn't clear to begin with was being a bit cute. But, if you say that wasn't the intent then by all means, let me rephrase mine.....

your post is a bit confusing....
brand new tie rod end failed

I bought 4 new tie rod ends from rodendsupply.com a couple of weeks ago. I was at the dunes for a week and after the last ride the left inside tie rod snapped just under the nut. Anyone else have a problem like this?
You mentioned both the rod and the end in your post and it is a bit confusing as to which one you are really refering to. Can you please specify which one broke? The rod or red end.

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

Originally posted by djmc
Take another look. In the title and the message block.

Can be read as Not polite, and not accurate..., what do you expect?

And OK, so we have established who is the hothead, and who is the smarta$$ -- can I be the a$$hole ??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Happyboy

#13 Post by Happyboy »

rofl!! Ah David...your are ruining my venting!! I am having a grumpy day and if I don't vent on someone here I am going to loose it!! So shut your PIEHOLE!!biggrin.gif

So djmc.....what is the problem? :drink:

cdrookie

#14 Post by cdrookie »

hate to say it but i'm with Happy on this one... i'm confused?:confused: a tie rod and tie rod end are 2 different things...

Craig_C

#15 Post by Craig_C »

Humm,,, maybe it was the end of the tie rod? Does that even make sence?

djmc

#16 Post by djmc »

Thanks for the interest guys. There in no longer a problem in that the tierod end manufacturer is backing there product and providing replacement tierod ends. Thanks again.

cdalerider75

#17 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by djmc
easy tiger! There was no intent to be cute. I sincerely felt I was clear in my statement. Save your breath because I don't waste my time with hotheads.

He called you a hot head!!!:rotf :rotf :rotf

I thought I was the only hot headed person on here... you know there is not enough room for 2 hot headed people.. SO happyboy your going to have to sell your dale and change your name to sadboy!!!:whip:

Happyboy

#18 Post by Happyboy »

Nah, since this bonehead refused to clarify on the actual problem we have no idea is I misread or if he misposted. But since you are the current hot headed leader I bow down before you steamyness.:bow:

Canniboomer

#19 Post by Canniboomer »

:bow: to both of you!

But I also would like to finally know if that grade 8 tie-rod actually snapped in half near the end where pinched, or if the cheapie rod-end just broke off even with the end of rod -- that's quite a difference, and still not clarified. But for sure, the premium ends from Rod-End Supply will never break, rated over 15000 psi.
For now, more likely to guess that the tie-rod is OK and didn't break.

jwheat

#20 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Happyboy
But since you are the current hot headed leader I bow down before you steamyness.:bow:

Awwwww.....I'm gonna be sick!!!