Best Swingarm Bearing Kit

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
KRMit

Best Swingarm Bearing Kit

#1 Post by KRMit »

What is the best bearing kit to buy? All Balls is missing parts and I'd rather not re-use any. Thanks.

quadprorider

#2 Post by quadprorider »

Which parts are missing from the All Balls kit?

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I got an OEM kit from Brad Oakley.

KRMit

#4 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by quadprorider
Which parts are missing from the All Balls kit?

The outer spacers.

quadprorider

#5 Post by quadprorider »

Got any pics? I just installed a All Balls kit and it has some slope, that's why I was a little bit stumped... Thanks.

KRMit

#6 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by quadprorider
Got any pics? I just installed a All Balls kit and it has some slope, that's why I was a little bit stumped... Thanks.

Do a search for "swingarm" and you should find the pic. There are two (one for each side) washers that go on the outside of the swingarm. They fit inside the outer seals. I hope you didn't torque it down too much when you put the bolt through or it'll pinch your frame together and make getting everything back in place a pain. I'd suggest you remove it now and get your hands on those spacers or that play will destroy those bearings. It looks like I'm going to get the Winky kit.

It looks like a vast improvement over stock.

gnccblaze440

#7 Post by gnccblaze440 »

my set-up is still working with......no bearing..and just a greased bolt it's in the r&d if you look it up for the pictures...

KRMit

#8 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by gnccblaze440
my set-up is still working with......no bearing..and just a greased bolt it's in the r&d if you look it up for the pictures...

Care to sell a kit? smile.gif

gnccblaze440

#9 Post by gnccblaze440 »

...i would have to wait get another set make...once this set finally wears out i will get probly a couple set made for some people...

NRath

#10 Post by NRath »

You should call All Balls and talk to them. I found the same problem when working on a swing arm. I called them and explained the situation, they made the races for me and sent them to me. They left me with the impression they were going to update their kits to include the missing races. Maybe they did, that's why I'd say to call them.

As for the Wink kit, that's what was being replaced on that particular swingarm. It's nothing spectacular, but it does work. Both of them will go to powder if you don't take them apart and regrease them occasionally. Personally, when I do another, I'll probably stick with the stock setup provided it's about the same or less $$ than Winks.