PEP Rear Shock on Cannibal - Help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
DirtDragon

PEP Rear Shock on Cannibal - Help

#1 Post by DirtDragon »

The bottom of the rear shock keeps turning to the side. There is a bearing or something that the bolt goes through. The shock shifts to the side on the bearing so the mount is crooked. The local ATV shop says it's normal but I can't help but think there should be spacers or something in there to stop the rotation. Anyone else experience this?

dawzie

#2 Post by dawzie »

You are missing some parts. There are supposed to be a spacer washer thing on both sides with a O-ring inside of them. I have Pep's and nothing turns, no way.

DirtDragon

#3 Post by DirtDragon »

Thanks dawzie, I kinda thought something was not right. Where did the spacer come from? Did they come with the shocks or did the dealer put them on?

dawzie

#4 Post by dawzie »

the shock, take the shock out, there should be removable things on the top also, they are what you are looking for.

airtime

#5 Post by airtime »

yeah no side to side movement. i had to use the original spacers for the bottom mount on the rear pep shock. also, 03' cdales have a 12mm bolt in the rear shock lower mount. 02' and older use 10mm bolts. when i got my new pep's in i had to remove the shock bushing from the original shock and put it in the new pep shock to make it work. pep zps shocks are wrth every penny!

DirtDragon

#6 Post by DirtDragon »

I took the bike back to the dealer and there are spacers that fill up most of the gap. Theres some sort of bearing inside the mount. The shock moves on this bearing and after riding will twist to the side. My dealer says that the shock is designed to do this. If I put some washers in there it may stop it from twisting but then it will most likely rub on the washers. It seems to work fine but I want to make sure it is right. Suggestions?