Moto Arms - FX Frame?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CannondaleRider

Moto Arms - FX Frame?

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

I bought some Moto A-Arms(not sure of the year...i'm guessing earlier, they have the Bushings/Spacers)

These are to go on my FX400. I've dealt with the problem with the mounting tabs on the FX frame being smaller, when putting a set of krash's Moto arms on it(bearing type). We were able to....persuade those to go in. But I don't think that will happen with these.

Heres the spacer itself

When the spacer is in the arms, the "washers" are the only thing that will not go in.

When I take the spacers out, it goes right in without a problem

So how should I go about this. I can't run the arms without those spacers, but they won't mount with them. So should I put the newer style bearings in it and grind down that spacer (which would be really easy by the looks of it).

I know somebodys delt with this before.

Thanks in advance

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

If you use the bushings you can cut down both the flange on spacer and the bushing and get enough to fit them in.I have done a few like that.If you use the bearing you need to get bearings,clips,seals and have some bushings made since there is a flange for both the bearing and frame.Stock moto spacers if used without washers will dig into frame big time.

Here is a link
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...hlight=bushings

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

Link doesn't work.

How would I go about cutting down both the spacer and bushing. I think that would be the easiest way to go

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

In a Lathe just measure the width needed and turn them down.Fixed the link.

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

....I think i'm a little lost, i'm still not sure exactly what needs to be done.

I need to machine down both the flange on the spacer itself..AND the "flange" on the bushing itself?:confused:

I'm thinking thats what I need to do, but i'm not totally sure

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

C27 wants you to be able to keep some of the flange on the bushing. If you were to machine the flange off of the spacer completely (where the arms would fit with no problems) the resulting bushing would eat into the frame tabs because of how small in diameter the bushing would be. So, take material off of both the bushing and the frame tabs, so you will still be able to keep some material for the flange on the bushing. This will enable the busing to have a much wider wear area and not chew into the aluminum frame.