Cannondale Front End?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
josborn

Cannondale Front End?

#1 Post by josborn »

Does anyone know how close a 400ex or 250r front end is to going on a cannondale? I have a Laeger Trax front end on a 250r, and I'm about ready to buy a C-Dale, just trying to get all my cards lined up to minimze down time. thanks

smith

#2 Post by smith »

It'll work quite easily with very little modification at the pivots only. Just make sure that you have a stem with the lowered tie-rod plate or your tie-rods will hit the frame when the suspension compresses.

josborn

#3 Post by josborn »

Thanks guys, that's what it looked like from measurements taken on both machines. I would have to cut the innermost pivots on both a-arms for the 250r to fit. I don't know about the stem though, because protrax is all swivel, that may be a problem, thanks again for the input.

trey

#4 Post by trey »

i have a set of protrax that are designed for the cannondale------they dont come with a stem

josborn

#5 Post by josborn »

Your talking about a set with tpin spindles? did you use the stock rod ends from c-dale at the stem or something Laeger provided? thanks

trey

#6 Post by trey »

yea it has the t-pin spindles. it has the same tie rod ends on both sides. i bought the machine with the t-pin front end, and im not sure what cannondale ends look like (none of my friends have a dale). im pretty sure that some of the protrax models come with a stem and some don't.

josborn

#7 Post by josborn »

I got my trax front end on, but I'm having trouble with the t-rods at the stem. Just to be sure, are your tie rods a shaft with female rod ends or a tube with male rod ends? If it's the first one yuo have c-dale rod ends and t-rods, the latter is Laeger. If you do have Laeger ends and t-rods, is there a spacer between the rod end and the stem? thanks.

jamiesel

#8 Post by jamiesel »

250r protrax has stem 400ex does not. about 550 diff in price

HOUSER CDALE

#9 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

T pin for the cannondales didnt come with a stem from what I can remember all you had to mess with was drilling and tapping holes to mount your front cailpers.

josborn

#10 Post by josborn »

I'm using the stock c-dale stem, and the tie rods that were on my 250r protrax, It was tight at first, but it seems to work well now, Thanks