pic's of the insides of a shock, please?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

It is a new camera.I just dont know what I am doing.
When you were asking about bleeding the shocks were you refering to the rear shock or the fronts.Noticed you said PDS which fronts arent.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Replied on KTM talk.The bleed screw needs to be peened over in the Ohlins since there have been quite a few lately that I have seen come out and then you lose all your oil.

ktmlew

#23 Post by ktmlew »

Rear shock....

The thing I found with the camera is for tech pics I turn the flash off. Does your camera have a macro setting(close-up)? Don't try to get too close. The pic down in the body is a really tough one though.....:eek:

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is bleedscrew on rear shock

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

This screw has been loosening up on alot of Cannondales it seems.There is a O-ring behind it.If it loosens far enough oil will be blown out.Everyone needs to either peen over the screw,get oil changed and add Loctite to this screw or both.(prefered)Like this:

ktmlew

#26 Post by ktmlew »

To critic' your last pic.....if you had backed up a few inches it would have been completely clear. It took me some time to get this figured-out too. The difference in being 4" and 7' away is amazing. My camera is a real cheapie. No zoom crap or anything to confuse me!:eek: smile.gif

I do like pictures though!!!:clap:

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

I know but then the screw wasnt visible.I need to learn how to manually focus the thing.

ktmlew

#28 Post by ktmlew »

I've been known to focus-up things manually myself....:cry: :hammer:

MX Quad Dad

#29 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Were do you let off the pressure before dismanteling?

Can you (27 or Boomer) set me up with shimms and other parts needed to repair or set up for differant rider or race setup?

what is the required pressure to charge the Ohlins.

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by MX Quad Dad
Were do you let off the pressure before dismanteling?

Can you (27 or Boomer) set me up with shimms and other parts needed to repair or set up for differant rider or race setup?

what  is the required pressure to charge the Ohlins.

Beneath small screw on top cap or end of rezzy there is a rubber plug.You use a needle to bleed the air off.Kind of like a basketball but needle must be sharp.

Varies from 150psi to 230 depending on shock and valving.

Can get all parts.Can make small changes or big ones as far as Glamis conversions but I dont have enough experience to guarantee whether changes will turn out how you would want it.Only way is to make an educated guess till enough feedback is returned on setups.Talk to Canniboomer for any conversions.