fox poduim bites the dust

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

fox poduim bites the dust

#1 Post by jacobw »

I friend of mine was riding my dale on the track and jumped a just when he came back down the top(head) of the fox poduim had come unsrewed or popped of or something and blew shock oil everywhere and shoved the shock part up to the gas tank it was a mess made it look like the dale blew up it was smoking bad. Anyone toasted a fox rear shock like that?? I will post some pics as soon as I can!!

Cannondale88

#2 Post by Cannondale88 »

I herd fox's suck...So i switched mine out to ohlins

speed_demon

#3 Post by speed_demon »

I've still got my PEP converted Ohlins for sale:deal:

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

I knew the fox shock sucked but now I'm scared. I hate this shock but I can't afford to buy what I want right now. Sorry to hear about yours.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

They arent a bad shock for a stocker compared to what other makes run.Probably a case of not being Loctited.Hoses blow on them also though.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I knew the fox shock sucked but now I'm scared.  I hate this shock but I can't afford to buy what I want right now.  Sorry to hear about yours.

Jess,

Spend a few bucks and get a stock used Ohlins. They seem to be going for under $100 every so often. It is worlds better than the Fox stock, and when reworked for ZPS (later), it's as good as most anything out there.

Ken

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by kdeal
Jess,

Spend a few bucks and get a stock used Ohlins. They seem to be going for under $100 every so often. It is worlds better than the Fox stock, and when reworked for ZPS (later), it's as good as most anything out there.

Ken

Save the money on the ZPS and get it reworked by Propilot. I finally got a chance to feel that shock and it is way better than a converted rear. In my opinion a conversion was a cheap way to get better suspension, but with the price of a good rebuild being about the same there is no contest!smile.gif

Kdeal is right about getting a stock ohlins though!

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Believe me guys, when I get the money my shocks are going straight to them. I am about to finish up college and I'm pretty low on the ride funding right now. |-|ell, I'm low on any funding. LOL. One day......

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

i have a quadshop converted ohoins rear that a blew the seal in earlier in the year, so I had my fox on as a backup but it bit the dust too oh well:)