Rated-X arms!!!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
haydug

Rated-X arms!!!

#1 Post by haydug »

Well, let's see all of the pics of the Rated-X arms out there!! I was about to try mine out this weekend, but tooth&nail needed the shocks to make a ride. Got more on the way though.

Here is mine: [img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=124985[/img]

badvox

Black is beautiful...

#2 Post by badvox »

Not as good a photo as yours but its all I got Captain.
These have the black powder on 'em.

c41xracer

#3 Post by c41xracer »

what length shock do they use?

badvox

#4 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by c41xracer
what length shock do they use?

LLLLLLLLLLLoooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg

LT what are they like 19" or 19.5" ?? Somethin like that.
Im not a gearhead biggrin.gif

toothandnail

#5 Post by toothandnail »

Thanks again doug for the shocks and arms both are excellent:D I would recommend this setup to anyone . In my opinion it's a:deal:

badvox

hmmm

#6 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by tooth&nail
Thanks again doug for the shocks and arms both are excellent:D I would recommend this setup to anyone . In my opinion it's a:deal:

Hey tooth

is yours zero preload? It looks way lower than mine. Then again I tip the scales pretty good too. Yours looks really sweet.

mike

toothandnail

#7 Post by toothandnail »

Yeah , I think thats what it's called, they are triple rate springs, you can adjust the ride height by lifting the front of the quad and let the suspension fully extend ,adjust the top collar up until the springs are fully extended , when you lower the quad the lightest spring will compress thus lowering your ride height. There are many more adjustments to be made such as spring rate crossover and such, but I'll let somebody else explain it better than I can. Alot of ride height depends on the kind of riding you do you don't want to get so low that you bottom out i.e. drag the frame or arms(not a problem with X's design)on the face of the jumps, whoops, braking bumps,or rough parts of the track/terrain that you ride on. The main reason for lower ride height is for cornering stability, It looks like one of your collars is lower than the other ,I can't tell if your lightest spring is fully compressed or not, but thats where I'd start. BTW I'm no expert on this subject either just someone who likes to:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

badvox

#8 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by tooth&nail It looks like one of your collars is lower than the other ,I can't tell if your lightest spring is fully compressed or not, but thats where I'd start. BTW I'm no expert on this subject either just someone who likes to:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: [/B]

Hmmm good observation. I think its just the picture but I will need to check it when I get home tonight. Im sure its the picture.
No, I like mine where its at now. Lowered just looks cool.
Maybe I could do like the low riders do it...

Ya know slam it to the ground when Im not riding then hit a button and go up to ride height!!

:-)

badvox

#9 Post by badvox »

Uh well so I checked out the preload collars and they actually are different side to side. I never noticed it. Now for a question...
When they build the shock do they like weigh the pressure or something somehow and thats why its off just a bit?

Its not alot maybe 1 turn off 1/8" maybe.

Is it a problem ya think?

mike