Suspension help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
440EX4ME

#121 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by jesshamner
You're definitely on the right track now.  You were asking for options, but considering the condition of the shocks described by Jeff, you really only have one option:  buy new shocks.  I know it sucks and I too know how it is to be low on the flow (money).  Good luck with the job hunt and the saving.

Well said!!

I am sure you can get someone here or ? to help you set up what you have now to the best they can etc, but thats sounding like its about it until you get the $$$ to upgrade.

If no one else steps up drop me a pm or email and I will help out how I can with how to measure and fine tune etc., but it would be best if you can find someone local who can watch you ride and make adjustments in person.

Either way lots of luck and just make it happen!!

440EX4ME

#122 Post by 440EX4ME »

OT

Jeff,

Whats up with the P/T deal?

Hope everything is going well etc, and it would suk if you had to get a job to support your business (did that once, and never again lol).

Maybe you may want to look into some sort of cell# set up for dealing with things during the day etc. Not sure if that would work for you, but I know many people dont have any patience and not being able to reach you would pretty much kill the benefits of all of your knowledge and experience etc.

JeffQuadShop

#123 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I had a job offer that I couldn't refuse so I took it. So far everyone seems to be cool with the way I'm doing it. I wouldn't want to have my cell phone ringing all the time with my new job.

440EX4ME

#124 Post by 440EX4ME »

Thats understandable.

Hope it works out best for you.

jacobw

#125 Post by jacobw »

even if the shocks has some worn components that needs to be raplaced like seals and bushings and shafts still wouldnt it be cheaper than buying shocks all worn part can be replaced just see what its gonna take to get them back up to par those shocks will perform just as good as aixs elka and others if setup right~

cannondale27

#126 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by DIRT
I dont understand. These shocks were resprung but in the pic it looks like a stock main spring?Just changing the upper spring to a SSD is not going to help you.I felt the stock moto springs were way too stiff and I weight 180 lbs.

You got it.Got rid of my stock springs a long time ago.As far as Karas shock being worn out.Anything can be repaired fairly cheap.
Its obvious that Kara didnt have enough money to replace the main springs.A good option would be to try some of the springs on there Jeff usually puts on.Could also set the hieght using some spacers.

hnnblehscnnble

#127 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

JESUS! when i post a problem i get maybe 3 replies and then i have to figure it out myslef but the minute a hott chickadee posts she gets nine pages worth of replies!wtf guys thanks alot i thought we were all bros and u know what they say bros before #0$.lol just kidding kara glad u finally asked on here instead of bugging me.cause we all know i dont know what the heck im doing.lol

kyle:drink:

CDaleChick

#128 Post by CDaleChick »

ok well job hunting day #2398703987 will happen tomorrow. A lot depends on if i can find a job and if i find some sponsors willing to give some cash for next yrs race season. I need a lot of luck on this one sad.gif

I guess my luck with jobs and cash sponsors will determine what I do with these shocks.

azcannon

#129 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by hnnblehscnnble
JESUS! when i post a problem i get maybe 3 replies and then i have to figure it out myslef but the minute a hott chickadee posts she gets nine pages worth of replies!wtf guys thanks alot i thought we were all bros and u know what they say bros before #0$.lol just kidding kara glad u finally asked on here instead of bugging me.cause we all know i dont know what the heck im doing.lol

kyle:drink:
I know its funny too. I am gonna start emailing her my problems to post so I get some good responses too, like why my oil filter doesnt stay perfectly centered when installing ?

cannondale27

#130 Post by cannondale27 »

True!But how many women have the drive to race and commitment to it?Very rare.Unbelievable she cant get a FREE pair of new shocks.