Interesting Works shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Exodus

Interesting Works shocks

#1 Post by Exodus »

I just happen to be cruising the Works shock website and downloaded the usual pdf on on there shock applications. Interesting point, they offer their Blackwidow shocks for the Cannondale as well as the G series dual line. Their price for those shocks are 1000 bucks for the pair. Just a tidbit of info for anyone inerested.

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Seems like a lot of people don't like Works shocks? We used Works on my sons Banshee. They seemed to be set up well, and when he got in a wreck they were helpfull in getting parts ordered and info I needed to do the repairs myself (wrecked on sunday and raced the following saterday). When we changed A-arms, all I had to do was tell them which arms I bought and they sold me all the valving and springs I needed, no Hassels.

Exodus

#3 Post by Exodus »

The first aftermarket shocks I ever bought were works triple rate that I put on my Blaster. I liked them, never had a problem with them at all. That was a few years ago, and I think they have gotten better since then. I'm not sure why noone likes them, they revamped their whole theory of suspension. I guess they just dont have a big name like Elka. LOL I dont know.

cdalemx301

#4 Post by cdalemx301 »

I think they have a reputation as a low price low quality shock since years ago they were very cheap compared to everything else...Now they have an expensive shock but people still think its low quality? hey maybe im wrong but thats what i think

Sand_Blaster

#5 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I have works on my blaster and like em.

Exodus

#6 Post by Exodus »

Well, I dont have the works on my blaster any more, I ended up doing a long travel conversion with some revalved Kayabas. I sold the works to a freind of mine and we put them on his warrior. But as for todays Works shocks, they have some really cool stuff, the G-series dual line, and the Blackwidows are pretty cool looking and they give a huge amount of travel to the 450r. I'm not in the market for new shocks, but if I was, I dont think I would be afraid to try them out for a year. I would probably be a little more intuned with the Fox Evols, but you never now.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Take a look at a Works -vs- PEP shock.Now dont get me wrong PEP has very specific valving and that is what you pay for.But internal and externally they are very similar shocks.

tat

#8 Post by tat »

Thats because Wayne(PEP) bought all his stuff from works. I dont know if he still does or not, but that was the story a few years back(mid 90's).

toothandnail

#9 Post by toothandnail »

Here's why I don't like works. I went from stock shocks/arms on a banshee to+2 +1 arms and works triple rate shocks set up for 225# rider ,aggressive mx . I weigh 200# in full gear ,rode class b , they bottomed worse than my 3 yr old stockers , sent them back to be corrected 10% stiffer, 3 weeks later , same problem , returned again , again 10% stiffer, 3 weeks later , no noticeable differance , returned again , 30% stiffer , 3 weeks later , they changed the 2 lighter springs to the same dia. wire as the main so I still had three springs and they still sucked:mad: bottomed just as bad as the stockers , they were much better on small stuff, but if you got more than 2' air :eek: :eek: :cry: . They have a new name in our area "Don't Works" This was about 4 years ago mabe the've changed but I"m not trying again

jwheat

#10 Post by jwheat »

I bought the Works Pro-Series with piggyback rezzies and compression adustments and used them on +2+1 a-arms and they worked great. The only time I ever bottomed them out was when I seriously overshot a jump and flatlanded.