STIFF SUSPENSION?? Any Ideas?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
banzairx7

#11 Post by banzairx7 »

Before spending any money please check that the suspension isn't binding- i'm sure its most of the problem. Disconnect one end of the shock and see how easy the a arms move, i bet its not easy.

sac45310

Arms Binding...

#12 Post by sac45310 »

So it might be the arms binding up???

Any threads out there that talk about lubing up the arms or on making the arms move more freely?

I'll look around for the service manual and see what it says.

Thanks for the help.

Canniboomer

#13 Post by Canniboomer »

You can change to 2 plus 3 offset front wheels (ITP Suzuki) to give a plus 1 each side and somewhat soften the ride.

If you stay with Arvins for now, at least upgrade the shock bodies to the 6001248 (you can check yours). If not the 1248's, you are riding on "recalled" shocks anyway, and they could already have hidden bent shafts. I have the upgrade kit here also, new shock bodies, cheap $35 shipped and makes them quite adequate for a 400ex at least, and safe on your cdale.

Mjollnir's shocks would be better..... if you don't take them, I might! biggrin.gif

cannondale27

Re: Re: Arms Binding...

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by ******
they should just fall like an R&D team guy after a z400 bearing rolling across the ground.

Why are you such a Dickhead ******?

jacobw

#15 Post by jacobw »

allright guys let you differences go we hve a member asking for help and we are getting all fuzzed and making ourselves look like azzes. we need to stick to #1 and that is helping the community:D :deal: