Upgrade handlebars?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jshort

Upgrade handlebars?

#1 Post by jshort »

I have an 03 Cannibal with stock handlebars. I would like to upgrade to some oversized ones like Protaper or Tag. What will I need to keep it close to the way it feels now? What adapter will I need for the oversize bars? I appreciate any suggestions and help.

Thanks,
Jason

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

I belive CR double hi is the same bend as stock. LSR sells fatbar clamps, or the universal ones will work also. i have Renthal fat bars and like them quite a bit. stock ones are puny.

jshort

#3 Post by jshort »

Do I totally remove my stock clamp and replace it with an oversize one or do I buy the adapter the uses the bottom part of the stock clamp?

Jason

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

I run Tag T2's on all my bikes. I have never bent one yet, thats not a lie. I've bent two stems on my Cannondale, one stock, the other was a Houser. The bars have never been touched. I like the CR high on my Cannondale, and a Yz High on my Blaster. If was to change, I might look close at the Faast Flex bars. They are very comfortable in rough terrain and really help with arm pump. Thats my pick, Tag has never let me down, although I wish they would have. A Tag bar is a lot cheaper than a Houser stem. LOL

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

The LSR clamps replace the entire clamp. the universal ones use the bottom half of the stock one. i have the ghetto universal ones and havent had an issue yet

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

I have a pretty cool setup available soon. I've prototyped one here, by custom-adapting some Trailtech stuff. It will be a stem-up replacement for a Cannibal or Speed, using a one-piece billet dogbone fatbar clamp...nicely polished. It will raise the mount height about 1 inch or more, although most fatbar bends are lower than the stocker 7/8" bar anyway. You can get Trailtech X-bars with it in the combo discount through me also.... The price will be no more than a Honda TRX450 setup, even though extra parts and work are needed for the Cannondale versions. I haven't mounted one up yet to compare the ergos, so it's a bit early to announce anything -- but if you want to be a "beta tester" let me know!

With optional front standoff plates, it will accomodate the new LYNX computer or the VAPOR tach, as upcoming options, and yokemounted lights as desired -- something for everyone.

badvox

#7 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
With optional front standoff plates, it will accomodate the new LYNX computer or the VAPOR tach, as upcoming options, and yokemounted lights as desired -- something for everyone. [/B]

Hey now thats a good lookin setup. Question why the choice of bars for the combo pack? I was lookin at getting the tag bars are these better?

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

....you can use any fatbars you want, any brand. Trailtech X-bars are very good quality, and they compete directly with TAG. If puchased as a combo deal with a dashboard mount, they extend a discount (some dealers may conveniently forget that!).

Several colors, and 3 different bends are available. You can check them out a www.trailtech.net

cdalemx301

#9 Post by cdalemx301 »

Guys also remember when it comes to Fatbars most of them are made by the same company...So most of there qualities are pretty close to the same personally I like Tag but I am sure there are other brands out there made by the same company cheaper

cdaleman440

#10 Post by cdaleman440 »

well i picked up a set of pro tapper fat bars + pad and a universal (getto) clamp for under 85 bucks and i havent had any trouble with any thing in that department
,Austin