moto a-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
fyrmedic

#11 Post by fyrmedic »

I've had American Star pros for almost a year now, and really like them. Had a harder time adjusting them in the first place, but after a few tries, got it right, and rides real smooth. I did notice that with the stock ohlins shocks that it was too soft, so I got a pair of adj. works, GREAT performance, and the price was right too!!!smile.gif I also had a lot of good help from the ppl at American Star.

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

does anyone know if they have their own website? or maybe their phone #? Where's the cheapest place to buy a set of the Pro series?

311racer

moto a-arms

#13 Post by 311racer »

I have moto a-arms on my cannibal and they are long travel +2 a-arms and i use 19in. longtravel custom axis shocks. thanks mike!

I still can''t post any pics. on this web site. help

fyrmedic

#14 Post by fyrmedic »

I called a bunch of places, but I think i found the best price at parts direct out of las vegas. I'll look for the number to American Star. when I find it, I'll e-ya

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

..I got brand new American Star off of ebay,305.00..every now and then they have a no reserve one. And for I think it was 6$ more a hime joint they came with come kind of noilon in them so they wont squeak,but thats only for the frame end ones,the spindle ones are normal,and u have to lube them.Im not going to say im not happy with them,but they do sceem a lot heaver then the stock ones,and and i dont really like the +1 forward?? +1 forward makes a lot harder for me to wheelie,a lot harder,so I think it kinda takes the "fun" out the "play"?? if that makes scents? Iv had mine 2 months now,sceam to be made well,and I think its perty trick the way they mount the hime joint to the spindle. And for the price,cant really go wrong..Thanks

KYmxracer52

#16 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I will most likely go with the +2 American Star Pro Series. They seem to be the most reasonably priced arm out there. I called Lonestar yesterday and asked them if you have to use 19" shocks w/ there +3 arms. They told me that you did, AND, he told me that you have to use a longer shock also on their +2 Arms. So, I not buying Lonestars. I just bought my Elkas,.....I'm not selling them just for longer ones right now.

Someone tell me a little about those heim joints. Do you have to grease them or what? Do they last as well as ball joints?

fyrmedic

#17 Post by fyrmedic »

the owner of American Star told me just to use wd40 or equivalent. I used it, but found a clear lube works better. the heim joints have held up very well so far.

justfine

You know? like Cory's bike...........

#18 Post by justfine »

I hear a-arm wise that there is nothing as good as the Laeger T-pin, but that stuff is ridiculous. I am thinking of getting some though.

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

My heim joints have also held up well, I usually just spray them with lithium grease. If your not in a hurry, there's a company that puts them on ebay once in awhile with no reserve.

I've never heard of Action Racing, but they have a set of +2+1 arms on ebay for $359 a-arms

311racer

moto a-arms

#20 Post by 311racer »

If anyones interested i might be selling my moto a-arms or my long travel custom axis shocks. thanks mike