What happens when you put LT shocks on Standard Arms?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

I am looking for new used shocks and want to know if I can use LT shocks on stock cannibal arms until I can get LT arms.

banzairx7

#2 Post by banzairx7 »

I think you end up raising the front end a few inches.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

You will probalbly pop a ball joint in a few minutes because instead of the shock stopping the suspension from ecceding its design limit the ball joint will try to twist out of its socket on full extension. Very dangerous ,dont even think about it.

GDITheman

#4 Post by GDITheman »

thanks for the warning. maybe i'll wait until i get get a complete front end.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Till you get the A-arms you could get spacers put into the shock to limit the travel.All the cannondale shock bodies are exactly same length cant remember blaze but I believe so.Valving wont be all that far off either.

Exodus

#6 Post by Exodus »

If your long travel shocks are Ohlins shocks, you can use the spacers to limit the travel. You will also have to use a shorter spring to go with that setup, or just one stage of the Moto Ohlins setup. The other option you can use is used on monster trucks all the time so I would think it would work here as well. What you need is a 1 inch wide strap, cut it and stitch a buckle or loop on each end. The key to the strap is a 16 inch length when done. You can then install the strap and limit the shock from traveling all the way out. This will work I have done it, but you must use a heavy duty strap and have someone who can stitch a very strong stitch. Keep in mind, these are just ideas you can try. I have used a strap on my shocks with great success, but the risk is your own. If the strap breaks it WILL break the ball joint.

CannondaleRider

#7 Post by CannondaleRider »

Cannondale27's idea is perfectly fine...but anything otherwise is just screaming trouble. I'd wait