Is this a good sand tire selection?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Threw a trade deal I just aquired a brand new set of sand tires. The brand on the tire is Nankang 22x11x10
They are 7 paddle with skat track hauler branded on the paddles. They have a rough buff to them.
Will these have enough traction for the St Anthony Special or will it overpower them?
The fronts are GBC shark fins 21x7x10

The reason I ask is because they are mounted on wheels with a yamaha bolt pattern. I will redrill them if they will work but if they wont then I will just sell them mounted and get something else. What do you sand guys think?

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

..Sand is different everywere..I run a 21x12,7 paddle hauler on an 8x8 rim.The 7 paddles are better for long runs,2nd 3rd 4th maybe even 5th run..if your going to do a short hill run,like lanch in 2nd hit 3rd and about max out in rpms by top of hill,or maybey even hit 4th once in a wile,go with a 8 paddle..I run 14 40 gearing I can almost lanch 3rd but i have to feather the cluch a little.
If your sand is very dry,8 padles would be the way but if you get moist sand or very heavy type of sand run 7's...I run in Pismo in Ca.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

I bet nankang makes the carcass and scat track vulcanizes the paddles on them. Contracted laybor is a big thing get the carcass mass produced and finish it in the US and call it a made it USA product its the american way biggrin.gif

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Skat Trak will use any carcass. All of my Skat tracks have different names on the sides.. Your quad will not over power the paddles. I would make sure a 22" tire clears the baskets.. If you have no baskets no issues then.. What is the rollout??? Meaning put a tape measure around the center of the tire. It should measure somewhere around 70-73"s.. We are heading to Sa's June 8th for our typical four days..

Sand_Blaster

#5 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Shoot man. I run 20x10x10 9 Paddle Hauler Extremes.... My stock motor pulls them extremely well.
I think I can even run a 10 paddle...

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Sand Blaster you are killing your quad. A 6 or 7 paddle Hauler or an 8 or 9 paddle Glider.. I know you say it pulls your current set up real good. Try my set up and you will see that your quad will rev like it doesn't even have paddles on it and pulls just as hard.. My Athena lauches w/ AUTHORITY w/ just an 8 paddle Glider. Watch my video in the dune section on the Yoshi vs Athena. Both run Gliders. The Yoshi is white and used to run a 10 paddle Glider in that video. The Silver Athena runs an 8 paddle Glider. The Yoshi now runs an 8 paddle Glider and is quicker everywhere..