help fpr my fx 400

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Pete969

#1 Post by Pete969 »

i have a 2001 cannondale fx 400. im looking for some arts. i need better shocks. i wieght is 250. and im 6'2" and yes jumping far and high. affraid the stock olins didnt hold up. so im looking for shocks, a arms pro peg nerfs... can anyone out there hear and help me????? I heard that i can use some honda 400 and 300 ex parts on it. does anyone know if this is true? if so what can i use? im looking to turn this thing into a race quad help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250rmike

#2 Post by 250rmike »

dont use 300 or 400ex parts go out get yourself a nice set of a-arms and shocks. i prefer elka and houser but everyone has there opinions. just do alittle research when you order shocks you tell them your weight and what they will be used for and they valve them accordingly

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Also, if you are jumping far and high, I would consider buying a newer style swingarm and replacing that fx400 one if its still original. If it has the hole in the middle than its the old style, if its solid than its the newer style...

I believe the old style swingarms were a bit weaker...

cdaleman440

#4 Post by cdaleman440 »

forget the swing arm weld a plate on the top and bottom to cover up the hole
in the middle, after that order a pair of ac propegs from blackwidow atv and
then find some shocks i use the blaze shocks and love them

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cdaleman440 @ Jun 12 2006, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
forget the swing arm weld a plate on the top and bottom to cover up the hole
in the middle, after that order a pair of ac propegs from blackwidow atv and
then find some shocks i use the blaze shocks and love them

Pete: The new swingarm is the old unit with the plates welded in place to "upgrade" it. If you can afford it get a set of custom shocks valved for your weight and riding style. If not, you can have your stock shocks (Ohlins Emulsion) set up for your weight. (Do the rear shock at the same time).