Got rid of 10lbs off front end!

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Shhh you'll hex me!

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Dang I hope I dont get caught.Check this place out...Drool!

http://www.mettec.com/default.htm

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

..No i didnt think it was hard to cut,did it all on a mini lathe. It does cut different tho.

c41xracer

#14 Post by c41xracer »

i think the Ti arms would hold up to mx

claas900

#15 Post by claas900 »

See I always dreamed of makeing Ti arms,but to save weight I was going to use the stock ball joints,you save the weight of the threaded part of the aftermarket ball joints.And just use the frame mount part of the arms to adj the arms. Also thought about useing aluminum heims on the frame end,but they wont clear the frame. So was going to use a stock type frame mount end to give a sleeper look. Hardest part I was trying to deal with was welding them. I cant belive how much weight is being saved,but i also cant belive how heavy the moto arms are also.

Sandstorm

#16 Post by Sandstorm »

You also cut the wheels out of Douglas 125 in between the lugs. You put on an aluminum alxe, well if a Honda axle will fit, aluminum sprocket, stiffen up the rear suspension, run 22" Haulers or Gliders tripple buffed, Mohawks on front or Smoothies, Run struts or Air Shox or Marvin Shaw shocks. Put hollow swingarm bolt back in. Put a 13 countershaft on. Put on plastic levers for clutch and front break. Alot of guys take the front brakes completly off.. You asked for lightness

J. Delaney

#17 Post by J. Delaney »

And don't forget to fill the tires with helium!

aroracer72

#18 Post by aroracer72 »

Titanium is as strong as steel(chromoly steel) but is way more flexible making them less brittle and work better then chromoly. Titanium never caught on because its EXPENSIVE and requires special tools and methods to make parts. You can save 10 pds from ti arms, 20-30 pds over a chromoly swingarm, 3pds off the stem, and more in any other steel components you can think of.
Chad