MX Suspension ?'s

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
cdale03450

#1 Post by cdale03450 »

I am looking to get into Motocross and i was wondering if i could get some feedback on what works best suspension wise(SHOCKS,A-ARMS,Steering Damper,AXLE,Swingarm) on the quad. I was looking to go +2 long travel in the front since i already have 3/2 hiper frt beadlocks. I was thinking PEP,AXIS,ELKA or FOX EvoLs shocks. I am not set on a a-arm company and also is it neccessary to upgrade the swingarm right away? It would be extremely helpful if everybody could list what class you race, or district or anything to just give your self some credibility. thanks for checking out the topic. thanks for all your help.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Evols are well liked but never saw on a Dale.In order
Custom Axis
PEP
TC
Elka

Stock Swingarm if a closed style is fine for even pro level
A-arms I rode Lonestar,Walsh and Motos liked Lonestar best but could have been setup.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have moto arms, and custom axis shocks. I won a C-class championship last time I raced MX, since then I have switched to TT and got 3rd in last series (missed 2 races and got a last due to a broken shifter). I am currently in 1st of this series and after 2 nationals I am 16th with a 15th(wreck) and a 5th. If you go with the moto arms it will make you 50" with your 3+2 Hipers. The stock swingarm is fine.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I'm a B level mx racer. I run A class, but I really should be in B. I run A because I think A guys are safer. I have won two +35 championships at the local level. Nothing to write home about.
I am running the American Star +2 long travel a-arms with Ohlins triple rate springs. So far I am very happy with this setup. I believe Atk is selling their mx version equipped this way. I run 4:1 offset rims. For a steering stabilizer I just adapted one from a 450r, one of the stick-types. It also works just fine. On the rear, the stock swingarm seems to be just fine as the others said. For a rear shock, I think a stock ohlins works just fine, although if you have it converted to a dual rate you will probably like it much better.
As for axles, lonestar still makes them. I think lonestar still makes just about anything you need, at least their website still lists everything they have. Black Widow had a good deal on axles awhile back. Maybe they still do.

hnnblehscnnble

#5 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

well i did reply to this b realized last post was in july wacko.gif