My new a-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

I made my own a-arms. +2".

Hopefully I will be able to test them soon.

On the picture the bolts and nuts are only mounted by hand just to see how it looked.

hnnblehscnnble

#2 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

correct me if im wrong but it looks like u used stock arms and added a steel tube there the original ball joint used to be.they look good but i hope that is not too much strain on the arms now.that extension may bend.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

You could put a small plate over the extension on uppers.Lowers look great as far as I can see.Nice job.

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

It shouldn't strain them them that much because I did basically the same thing but converted them to +2 with heims and have been running them for over a year with zero problems. That should work fine. I too have a set of S.S arms I built that I want to start testing.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

I did the same thing a while back...pics were on here..but i bet they are gone now. I was about +1 as I was worried about them twisting if they were too big. That is alot of torgue on that joint so any reinforcement you can add the better.

SlOoT

#6 Post by SlOoT »

I used pipes 2-3 times as thick as the stock a-arms. I used a mold to get the ball-joints in the perfect spot and angle.