Need Front Hub Rotor Bolt Help

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
GDITheman

#1 Post by GDITheman »

The bolts that hold the front rotors on the hubs are not coming out easily. The allen head area is already deformed because the bolts won't budge. I've had new wave rotors to put on for over a year now and haven't had time to figure out how to get these bolts out until now. Are the allen head rotor bolts readily available from a hardware store or Napa? If so, can I just use an easy out type of process to remove these bolts? I didn't want to tear these bolts out and not have replacements ready.

Thanks

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

allen head on an impact gun works really well as it jars the bolt rather than just applying tons of force to it. If it strips just drill it out. Same bolts off a 400ex hub too so they are readily available.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

I thought about the impact idea, but didn't have a reducer from my 1/2" impact to my 3/8" socket. If I can get some new bolts, I'll just drill them out.

Thanks

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Use alittle heat, and you won't need the impact, they spin right out.

GDITheman

#5 Post by GDITheman »

Heat was of no use. They still didn't want to turn out and the allen heads stripped more. So, now I'm drilling them out. Should I try an "easy out" type of product?

GDITheman

#6 Post by GDITheman »

went to get 400 ex bolts and they are $5 each and not in stock. Is there another option?

Speed 1B

#7 Post by Speed 1B »

Kdeal can fix you up. Shoot him a PM.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

ordered some from black widow for $1.39 each. much cheaper than the honda shop. my wife actually stopped in to buy them and called me when they told her how much. i told her i'd find some other ones. before she left, they told her they would give me a good deal on a honda if i traded in my dale. she told me that and i laughed. it's not going to happen.

drilling out the bolts isn't very easy either. the new bolts will have much less loctite than these have.

any suggestions on drilling them out?

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

drilling them out isn't easy. alum hub and hardened broken bolt = bad threads and a oblong hole.

Just bought some blaze hubs from Doug with rotors. Hopefully these rotors actually come off because i WILL have my galfers put on my quad. ( they've only been sitting in the box for a year)

GDITheman

#10 Post by GDITheman »

The bolts came right out of the hubs I got from Doug. The bolts were NOT coming out of the old hubs. No idea why the old ones are so hard to come out. Anyway, thanks for the new hubs. they worked like a charm.