Brakes

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
wright

#1 Post by wright »

Ok, i just put new front brake lines on the ones that have a line for each side and now i cant get them to bleed i tried to pump them up and i dont get anything, i pulled the brake lever in and cracked the res. and put the zip tie on for 2 or 3 days now and still cant get them to pump up, any ideas on what to do or what happend? Thanks

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

I had this problem and still to this day have spungy brakes. With mine on the dull line were it bolts to the master you have to use 2 copper washers between the two lines. The line clamps are to thick and wont seal were they meet.

wright

#3 Post by wright »

so you are using a total of 4 washers up top, i will give that a try i cant get any brakes at all

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Instead of using the bleeders first try cracking the banjo bolt loose at caliper everytime you push lever in.If that doesnt work you might have to bleed them with a Mityvac.Here are a bunch of great tips.Sorry pics are gone.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...opic=11347&st=0

wright

#5 Post by wright »

Yes, i think thats what its going to take, the Mityvac

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

Yes 4 washers. Banjo bolt,washer,line,2 washers,line,washer then master.

wright

#7 Post by wright »

well i tried the mityvac and that didnt work, so i called the local bike shop and they said to put the banjo up and down and then bleed them and what do you know it worked, thanks for the help