G force hub extender questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
nastylilcannibal

#1 Post by nastylilcannibal »

Has anyone put the G force hub extender (wheel spacer) on the rear of their quad? I ordered a set for a 400ex is there any reason they would not work?

thanks
nate

cdsracer

#2 Post by cdsracer »

I have a set (honda 400ex) on my Cannondale with a lonestar rear axle. They slide on real nice. However, they will be VERY difficult to install on a stock axle. The splines on a stocker are beefier and the hub extenders will have to be pounded/pressed on. My Dad and I did it on his Cannibal, and they ended up fitting after a lot of sweat.

nastylilcannibal

#3 Post by nastylilcannibal »

QUOTE (cdsracer @ May 1 2007, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a set (honda 400ex) on my Cannondale with a lonestar rear axle. They slide on real nice. However, they will be VERY difficult to install on a stock axle. The splines on a stocker are beefier and the hub extenders will have to be pounded/pressed on. My Dad and I did it on his Cannibal, and they ended up fitting after a lot of sweat.

thats good to hear... I guess i would rather them take some poundin then to have slop!

quadracer500

#4 Post by quadracer500 »

i have a set on my blaze with the stock axle , i used a propane torch to heat the hubs in the spline area and then with very little persuasion from a hammer and a two by four they went on easily.
rich

Sand_Blaster

#5 Post by Sand_Blaster »

QUOTE (quadracer500 @ May 2 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a set on my blaze with the stock axle , i used a propane torch to heat the hubs in the spline area and then with very little persuasion from a hammer and a two by four they went on easily.
rich

I also bought a pair and tried to fit them on, I gave up and tried selling them lol.

hawksd1

#6 Post by hawksd1 »

QUOTE (nastylilcannibal @ May 1 2007, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats good to hear... I guess i would rather them take some poundin then to have slop!

Yeah thats exactly what I did with mine a lil pounding with 2x4 and every thing came out sweet and I jump pretty hard with mine at hollister alot....no problems yet and love the width change

yamadjs08

#7 Post by yamadjs08 »

How much width do these add to a cannondale? Anybody running these with a 4+5 honda offset rear rim?