A-arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
KYmxracer52

#11 Post by KYmxracer52 »

the +1 250R arms would be fine for me. I haven't had any problems with it nose high in the air. Nothing a little body manuvering wouldn't take care of. Would the ball joints fit in the spindles or would I have to have an adapter?

Big Winky

#12 Post by Big Winky »

We have the taper adapters as our a-arms use the laeger style ball-joint and they come with our c-dale arms, this also gives the advantage of if you were to break a c-dale spindle you could use a R or EX spindle to get you through a weekend and everyone at the nationals carrys the ball-joints with them. Have you ever tried to find c-dale parts at the track? near impossible! www.diamondracingatv.com

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

So if I were to use the Houser 400ex front end I currently have on my dale, it would be a direct fit. Meaning spindles/hubs and all. I've got hardkore hubs with braking rotors, so I'd like to keep them. But that would make it a -1 front end, correct?
Also what about using the Honda tie-rod ends? I've heard that they hit the frame.

Big Winky

#14 Post by Big Winky »

4strokemadman brought up a good point to me..... The "R" spindles would work much better due to the ball joint alignment of the spindles 8,9, and 11 degrees, I probably wouldn't use the ex spindle unless it meant sitting a race out after I was already there, but john's girlfriend , christa ran the R spindles with good success, john says it has less bump steer than with the c-dale spindle. with the ex spindle the tire is going to sit straight up instead of being able to tip in like most racers like to run them. But it could save a weekend of racing.

haydug

#15 Post by haydug »

So would you reccomend the "R" spindles over the cannondale? I want the best handling bike I can have, and I've got some R spindles.

Big Winky

#16 Post by Big Winky »

I'll make sure myself before I answer this one..... my son John is the one that told me it had less bump steer. I'll try to have a answer tomorrow or sunday.

Big Winky

#17 Post by Big Winky »

we have taper adapters to adapt from the honda taper to the c-dale taper. they come with our a-arms, haven't really thought about selling them seperate, though i might. you install them into the c-dale spindles...and viola! the honda ball joints then fit.

KYmxracer52

#18 Post by KYmxracer52 »

do you have a picture of what the spindle adapters look like. Im curious to see how they work.

Big Winky

#19 Post by Big Winky »

no picture needed, they have the c-dale taper on the outside and the honda taper inside. we have had them installed for some time now and you don't notice them at all, so they must be doing just what they are suppose to do.