American Star A-arms/Stock Shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Dale512

American Star A-arms/Stock Shocks

#1 Post by Dale512 »

How does everybody like their American Star +2/+1 A-arms? Would I be OK with my Stock Ohlins from my Speed for a month or so? Their already pretty stiff.

wyndzer

#2 Post by wyndzer »

I actually like my stock Ohlins better with the extended arms.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

I rode with the stock shocks on mine for awhile, then upgraded the springs to a stiffer rate. I now have a set of Blaze shocks.

I still have the stiffer springs, if you like the stockers and just need stiffer springs let me know.

aroracer72

#4 Post by aroracer72 »

stock shocks and star arms, will work fine, and in the future if you add different shocks or something, or on your next quad, stick with american star racing arms, they are the sturdiest and most reliable arms ive owned, and i race hhaaarrddd on them, and they arnt too badly priced either:D :usa

jake1981

#5 Post by jake1981 »

If anybody is interested I can get MOTOQUAD A-arms for Cannondales. I can get them extended up to +3 and still be able to use the stock ohlins or stock cannibal shocks. Then if you're interested and wanted some new a-arms for the Motos, I can get those Motoquad a-arms in long travel as well. As a matter of fact I have some on order. I will post some pics when they get here. They should be really nice, the top a-arm is aluminum on those, so we'll see.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

I have a speed with the stock ohlins and when I installed the american star +2+1 the stock ohlins spring just couldnt handle the extra leverage and dampening also suffered. Jaybr hooked me up with a set of moto long travel shocks and I relocated the lower mount out and down to accomadate the longer shocks. The results were spectacular. I now have 11.5 inches of travel and it rides smooth and never bottoms out. I got the arms used for 200 so I didnt have any problem modifiying them. The only problem I have with them is the hiem joints on the frame slightly touch the frame and make an annoying squeek but I will be powdercoating them soon so the grinder will be applied to fix that .