Steering Stabilizer

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Dachshund

#11 Post by Dachshund »

So are you going to take it apart and show us some pics of how it works? smile.gif I'd like to see the design and if it is rebuildable and such.

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

It is rebuildable, however I am not taking it apart to see how it works just yet. Too many other projects that need completing.

It is pretty much a copy of the typical puck style dampeners however it only has one adjustment knob. The dampning is pretty stiff right now, but I am sure once I get it firmly mounted and put a few rides on it it will loosen up. I needed to cut and grind down the mounts to make it fit and just need to go grab some longer bolts to mount it securely. The good thing is he made them modular so all that really needs to be changed can be unbolted from the main body and milled to each application. It has to be a younger kid making these, because at this price and time he is probably losing $$$. It is really gorgeous...never thought I would say that about a stabilizer. wub.gif

wright

#13 Post by wright »

Dose it look like the clamp for the stem will work for a Houser stem?

2000ex

#14 Post by 2000ex »

You need to get the clamp in a 1.385 inch diameter which will fit our stems and yes it will fit the Houser. .maybe this should be in the R&D forum smile.gif

[attachment=5383:Stabilizer_001.jpg]

Here are some pics unmounted and where I made my mods
[attachment=5384:Stabilizer_Bottom.jpg]

[attachment=5385:Stabilizer_Top.jpg]

2000ex

#15 Post by 2000ex »

Here are the pics mounted up.

A little grinding was needed on the mounts for clearance and fit. I used a piece of radiator hose cut inside the mounting round curves so it would fit snug against our square tubing. Also the welded mount on the stem I compressed closer together for clearance. I have to say with it mounted up and turning the bars it feels great, and the range of adjustment is pretty nice. It does not have all the adjustments the Precision or the Elka series 5, however it is VERY smooth and consistent through the travel. Best $120 I have spent in a while. Now all I need is to give it a field test and see how it compares to my Precision.

[attachment=5386:Stabiliz...nted_001.jpg]
[attachment=5387:Stabiliz...nted_002.jpg]
[attachment=5388:Stabiliz...nted_003.jpg]

wright

#16 Post by wright »

Thanks, and it looks good on there i think thats what i will be looking for