Help taking out old a arms

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
g9901920

#1 Post by g9901920 »

I need help find out how to remove my old a arms from the hubs?
thanks

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

You mean the arms from the spindle? Hold up the front of the quad with a jack stand, loosen the nuts of course but a good idea to leave them on a couple of threads. A little pb blaster or some kind of penetrating oil on the stud where it goes into the spindle. Take about a two pound hammer and give a sharp blow on the spindle as close as you can to the stud on the side and it usually jars it loose or slightly flexes the hole enough to spit the ball joint stud out. If it does not go get a bigger hammer and if it does not go then get a pickle for wedge to drive in there. AKA a tie rod remover.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

http://www.pitposse.com/moproatvbajo.html

This type of tool is what I prefer, although you can use a hammer or a fork also, but I usually end up causing damage with those tools.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats what I use also. I used to just find a bolt that just fit in between two joint studs. Put a nut on the end and nut on the stud. Using a wrench on each nut and turning both out forces the joint out with no damage to stud,spindle or joint.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Feb 7 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.pitposse.com/moproatvbajo.html

This type of tool is what I prefer, although you can use a hammer or a fork also, but I usually end up causing damage with those tools.

Roger,

Does that particular one work on the Cannondales?

Ken

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 7 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roger,

Does that particular one work on the Cannondales?

Ken

I don't know, I was just using that as an example. I use one that came with the i-shock system from hyrdodynamics for a Honda 450r, and it works on the cannondale. It came with a couple different adapters, so I think it is a universal one they put in all of their kits. It does look the same.