are cannondale shocks interchangable with other atv makes

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
BSLEETER

#1 Post by BSLEETER »

anyone know if cannondale rear shocks will go on honda 400ex's? trying to get a fox podium on a cannibal for mine

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Just send your rear shock to Laz at GT Thunder it will be way better than the fox shock from the cannibal.

chunk007

#3 Post by chunk007 »

[quote name='jesshamner' date='Mar 15 2008, 06:39 AM' post='187433']
Just send your rear shock to Laz at GT Thunder it will be way better than the fox shock from the cannibal.
[/quote
What obout the fronts looking for cheap up grade until fall?

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (chunk007 @ Mar 23 2008, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What obout the fronts looking for cheap up grade until fall?

If you have the stock arvins that come on a cannibal, almost anything is an upgrade. A piece of wood bolted in is an upgrade. When you say "cheap upgrade", what do you mean by cheap? And do you mean for the stock cannibal a-arms? You can use YFZ shocks, but they are a little short. Even those aren't exactly cheap.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I would rather use arvins than yfz shocks on a cdale. I have tried the yfz shocks and they're way too stiff and too short. I guess it would be ok if you're drag racing or putting around the yard. I drove through our hay field with them and then went straight back to the garage to take them off. They were terrible.

chunk007

#6 Post by chunk007 »

I have the stock no rezy ohlins Just looking for something more adjustable until I can get my long travle setup. what about 450r shocks I have buddy selling his 06 with tcs springs and valving upgrade that I can get for 250. And thats a good price. And I know their about the right length. Had this cannodale for about 6 mon. and wanting to do some up grades. going to send the motor to timbos some and get it upgraded and alot of other stuff if you know what I mean. It's an 01 and has no updates at all. Just have got it cleaned up and running right. Put an 660raptor fmf slip on on it sat. and it pulls much better going to sell the 660 and get the wife yfz450 and I will keep the cannondale.

chunk007

#7 Post by chunk007 »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Mar 23 2008, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have the stock arvins that come on a cannibal, almost anything is an upgrade. A piece of wood bolted in is an upgrade. When you say "cheap upgrade", what do you mean by cheap? And do you mean for the stock cannibal a-arms? You can use YFZ shocks, but they are a little short. Even those aren't exactly cheap.

Oh and cheap under 350 because the long is going to cost me later.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Well, you can have cannondale27 work on your current shocks. Propilot racing also does good ohlins work. That should get you by until you can get the LT setup. I wouldn't spend too much money on something just to get you by if you're trying to save up for LT.

UpsMan

#9 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 23 2008, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would rather use arvins than yfz shocks on a cdale. I have tried the yfz shocks and they're way too stiff and too short. I guess it would be ok if you're drag racing or putting around the yard. I drove through our hay field with them and then went straight back to the garage to take them off. They were terrible.

You say some crazy things sometimes, LOL. If you look up "terrible" in the dictionary, there is a picture of a stock cannondale arvins shock.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

450R shocks will not work, they are too long.