suspension set-ups??????

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
justfine

suspension set-ups??????

#1 Post by justfine »

I have a Moto, and I think the front and rear end could be set up a little better. I wish it were a little wider, and I really wish it sat lower. I know they make zps kits for the shocks, and I think that would be the route to go. Buying new shocks would cost some big bucks, so I would like to work with the Ohlins that come on it. I would like to hear from you guys about what are some all around good set-ups, and get some suggestions on what you like. Keep in mind the only kind of riding I do is MX, and I would like to keep the cost reasonable. Does RPM make an axle that is wider than the stock one? I was thinking about going that route for the rear end. What is the stock wheel off-set, and would you guys change that? Also let me know what you think of a-arms. I was thinking of going the Merrell Extreme +3 no-bind arms. Any help would be appriceated. Thanks

justfine

also.........

#2 Post by justfine »

On Merrell's website it says you have to have at least 19 or 20 inch shocks? These look like Moto shocks, and mine are not 19 or 20 inch............check out pic.............

justfine

this would be nice too.........

#3 Post by justfine »

at $2,300.00 I would be in divorce court..........biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

So how long are your shocks? I bought up all the moto shocks at the factory and they are right at 19" from eye to eye at the center.

I just sent a set to the Quadshop this week to do the Elka SSD conversion, I'll let you know how I like it when they get back.

TCS will also convert them to ZPS, but their $100+ more expensive per set for what seems to be the same thing.

justfine

man, I am a goober.......

#5 Post by justfine »

Being the mechanical genius I am...............I forgot to pick up the front end. I was measuring with the shock compressed. Yes 19" is correct. So what is up people? Let's hear about those god set-ups you guys have. Also, does anybody have any numbers on how much lower a cannondale sits with the zps kit and +3's?

Delaware152

#6 Post by Delaware152 »

I have JRD longtravel's with 400ex spindles. I also have Elka's front & rear. This setup works well. I am very happy.

justfine

RPM???

#7 Post by justfine »

Will an RPM axle be able to widen the rear end of the moto? Also, can anything be done with the rear shock for lowering the rear end?

Ballistic Atv

Re: RPM???

#8 Post by Ballistic Atv »

Originally posted by justfine
Will an RPM axle be able to widen the rear end of the moto?  Also, can anything be done with the rear shock for lowering the rear end?

Yes, I believe rpm makes a +2+2 axle (that would be +2+2 inches on each side wider than a cannibal , and a cannibal is 46.5 inches wide, with the axle it would be 50.5 inches wide. A stock moto is somewhere around 48.5 inches wide) that would make the moto 50 inches wide.

The quadshop does rear ohlins zps conversions, that should lower the back end about 2-3 inches.

justfine

another??????????

#9 Post by justfine »

How much are the front and rear shock conversions, and could you buy the stuff and do it yourself? Also, do the Moto shocks need re-worked to use +3 a-arms?

Ballistic Atv

#10 Post by Ballistic Atv »

I think the rear zps conversion is somewhere around $350 ( but i am not 100% sure, give the quadshop a call about that) and they will convert it to zps, revalve and re-spring it for your weight and riding style. I would not recommend doing the conversion yourself unless you have a very good knowledge of shocks, valving etc. , it would be cheaper in the long run and time wise to just have the quadshop or tcs do the conversion for you.
Yes, The front shocks will need to be revalved for +3 a-arms.