Brakes etc.

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
gml1998

#1 Post by gml1998 »

I started putting the front end back together on one of the Dales.This Dale Was bought with plus 2 a-arms.The lower a-arms were reworked by Mydreamride (Awesome job).As I'm putting it together I'm comparing it side by side to my Glamis.I notice that the brake calipers bleed screws were facing the wrong way(pointed down).I'm assuming they are reversed and this may be why I could not get them to bleed.Next I noticed the the outer tie rod ends are mounted to the top of the arm on the spindle,This might be why the tie rods seem too long (I can't get the toe-in to adjust enough).The brake lines seem too short.They are stretched over the top of the upper a-arm.I think who ever put this together had their eyes closed. dry.gif
I also need more negative camber,the upper ball joint needs to go in more but it is already in as far as it will go.I don't know if there is a different ball joint or heim joint I could use. These a-arms are Winke arms. Could they be for a 400ex?Maybe thats why I can't get camber adjusted.
So I think I need to
1. Reverse brake calipers.
2. get longer brake lines ,bleed brakes.
3.Move outer tie rod ends to bottom of arm on spindle.adjust toe.
4. I'm stumped on what to try for camber problem. Any suggestions?

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

Dales did come with the bleeder facing down and I don't know why but I have flipped them with no problems.
The tie rods should be mounted on the bottom off the spindle. If you unbolt your shock and move your arms threw their travel you'll quickly see why they need to be mounted on the bottom.
I've ran plus2's with stock lines but it is a stretch.
I don't know what to tell you about the camber sorry.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

If the top won't go in anymore, I guess the bottom has to come out. Have mydreamride redo them again....what else can you do? These are the joys of custom fab.