moto shock

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Trouble

#1 Post by Trouble »

is there any difference in length from the moto shock to the shocks on the other bikes?im trying to lower my fx as its too tall which translates to too tippy on the trail.What can i do to lower the seat height a bit besides installing my 18in tires..lol

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

get a zps converted shock. best deal and best ride. the moto shock would be the same height i believe.

2mike18

#3 Post by 2mike18 »

250r conversion will lower the seat height. and like happyboy said a zps spring kit does wonders for the shock.

Trouble

#4 Post by Trouble »

now im looking to lower the seat height a bit,im not trying to put too much money into shock conversions and what not.It seems like a shorter spring might be the best for me

2mike18

#5 Post by 2mike18 »

QUOTE (Trouble @ Apr 12 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now im looking to lower the seat height a bit,im not trying to put too much money into shock conversions and what not.It seems like a shorter spring might be the best for me

the 250r kit is a sub-frame and fuel tank kit the quad of the month (year lol) on the home page is a converted one and price and availibility is the drawback. the only kits out there are used ones that sell for $400-$500 and then you need 250r plastics, and as far as i know thats the best way to actually lower the seat it self. i have seen a few converted shocks on here in the $200 range usually a new spring kit is in the same price range so thats a wash. a single shorter spring may give you the ride height you want but I wonder how the handling will be affected compared to a zps kit but since your trail riding it might not be that much a factor for you.

Trouble

#6 Post by Trouble »

i plan to do a few races with this thing.dont get it twisted now,i may be 36yrs old but im still decent on a quad if i can say so myself,im not looking for just a trail quad but after riding hondas for so long,i kinda got used to the "feel' of them.the wide tank juncture of the dale is gonna take some getting used to as well.Now yrs ago i would opt for a 250r conversion kit but in hindsight i wish i could have half of all the money i spent on these things.Thats money i never got back,now i will spend when i have to but for bling or luxury,not as much anymore.unless i can find some black hipers almost free...lol. no seriousdly i may look around and see whats out there as far as shocks go or maybe a different spring...

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

Problem is these shocks have a dual piston design. So if you just put a lower spring on it with out changing the internals it is going to make it a lot stiffer. Most of the zps converted shocks have a bleed hole drilled into the piston to compensate for the lower rider height.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Right or they get rid of the PDS altogether.(FOX,PEP) You also cant just put a shorter spring on expecting to lower the quad iscne the spring retainer will fall out if you ever get the wheels off the ground.Thats what the ZPS helper spring takes care of.