Ohlins long travel shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
gml1998

#1 Post by gml1998 »

Does anyone know where I can find info on adjusting the front Ohlins LT shocks?I've found some info on the net on adjusing motorcycle shocks but nothing about Long Travel shocks.
Also I need to find a spanner wrench for the spring adjustments,Thanks.Gary

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

There are 4 adjustments

Preload-The Ohlins are not true ZPS so some preload is needed.I prefer to run as little as possible without having springs loose but you will get a better ride with a little more than that.

Crossover-Thats what you need spanners for or can be done by lifting front of quad up.The small black spring is what gives you the very plush ride on little stuff.The crossover prevent to much of the small black spring from being used which would cause alot of body roll in corners.Basicly if it is cornering and leaning make the gap between crossover and top spring retainer less.I like to have about 1/2".

Rebound-Probably most important adjustment.Best is to find a whoops section and have a buddy watch you go through.Wheels should follow the contour of whoops falling in and going up over.That means it needs to be faster the faster you go.A good starting point is to push front of quad down then lift it up as fast as you can.The wheels should never come off ground by more than maybe a inch.Turning bottom knob counter clockwise makes rebound faster.

Compression-You want to run as soft as is possible but only slightly bottom when flatlanding off about a 5ft or so jump.Upper knob adjust this clockwise is stiffer.