bushing install questions

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
ACEwrench

#1 Post by ACEwrench »

okay...i have a set of plastic bushings i got and since my regular hiem type bushings are worn out im thinking of replacing them...how the **** do they work? do the plastic ones replace the whole thing or do they go in there as a replacement for the rubber bushings? secondly they dont fit in the holes, so im assuming i gotta do some modification....i feel like a newbie asking this but i wanna try these out instead of having the grease come out of the rubber seals all the time.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Hmmn, it sounds like you have a Moto front end, which is a totally different setup.

You will likely need the 8 heim bearings, 16 seals, and maybe some clips if they are not re-useable.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Ace I had some different spacers made with a extra lip on them to prevent the seals from popping out.Will look around and see if I have a couple extras.Also there is a post with all the part#'s needed to replace the moto heims from any bearing place.Not sure what they are going for now but they were very expensive from Cannondale alot cheaper going through a bearing place.Getting those little clips out is a royal pain though.

ACEwrench

#4 Post by ACEwrench »

i thought for some reason they replaced the hiem set up...

yep moto front end....thanks dave and steve, lemme know what you come up with.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (ACEwrench @ Aug 12 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i thought for some reason they replaced the hiem set up...

yep moto front end....thanks dave and steve, lemme know what you come up with.

I started drilling out the insides so its straight through and using the plastic bushings.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

If you go with the bushing setup you wont need theses but otherwise just let me know.Will send you one to copy.Or I could ask a buddy to make some.I made these at work on CNC but they cut all govt work lately.
The flange is closer than the washer on the 03 frames and the saddle on the 02 frames.As you can see the first one is a stocker.If you have the 02 style frame with narrow saddles the stockers will just dig into the aluminum since washers wont fit.These bushings were made to fit 02 narrow as is or 03 wides with the washers.
[attachment=8754:Motobush..._Medium_.jpg]