Rear Shock (Ohlins vs Fox)

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
Z4J

#1 Post by Z4J »

I have two rear shock options on the rebuild I'm doing. A new fox or a used Ohlins. Any insight? Is one (Ohlins) much more perferred than the other? Thank you.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

ohlins any day. Best bet is to hunt down a ZPS converted ohlins, they are smooth and lowering the ride height is NICE!

rayspeed

#3 Post by rayspeed »

The ohlins has compression and rebound adjustments along with pre-load where the fox only has pre-load. So it just depends on if you like to take the time to tweak it to your style and conditions because a totally out of adjustment ohlins will be worse than a fox if that makes any sense. Out of the box I found the fox to be pretty well dialed in for what it is, much better than I expected and fine for probably most average riders not getting alot of air or having to pound thru big whoops fast.
So I would go ohlins...

2000ex

#4 Post by 2000ex »

The Ohlins is a MUCH better shock than the stock Fox Podiums that came on the 03 Cannibals. Unless you need a remote rezzie, I would stick with the Ohlins

4strokemadman

#5 Post by 4strokemadman »

A NEW FOX Podium X http://www.foxracingshox.com/atv/sport/PODIUM_X come on guys support my job!

2000ex

#6 Post by 2000ex »

Did you guys fix the issues with the Evol fronts? I need to send mine to be revalved on the rebound because the rebound is WAAY too fast even with the adjuster on the 1st click from full hard. It seems others have similar issues. They are fantastic shocks, my only gripe is that and the fact that the rebuilds are so expensive.

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (4strokemadman @ Aug 27 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A NEW FOX Podium X http://www.foxracingshox.com/atv/sport/PODIUM_X come on guys support my job!

Paul,

There is nothing wrong with the current Fox Podiums. But if we are talking the OEM shock that came on the Cannondale, I'll take the Ohlins!

Paul, when are you going to make it to a group ride? We are going the weekend after Labor Day to Majestic Trails in PA. Surprise us and make a guest appearance! LOL

Ken